{love, joleen} the blog -->

Saturday, June 25, 2005

interesting thoughts

Funny Katey should mention her blog becoming all about her shop because I am feeling the same way about my own! I'm sorry I've been so obsessed lately but it was such a long time in the making. Now, we're up and running and everything is going well! Thank you for your support.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today was so interesting! Alex covered for someone at work and had asked me to come with him to an appointment this morning. We left at 8:00 for what was supposed to be an hour and a half drive down to San Diego. We put the address in the navigation system to find that although this place is in San Diego county it's two and a half hours away! For the last hour we weren't on any major freeways and for the last twenty minutes we didn't even see a house. It was like driving through Kansas. I wish I had brought my camera to show you how ridiculous Alex's "painted" mini looked against the country scene. It wasn't at all like the fast pace of Orange County, that's for sure! The client had three horses and a pond of goldfishes that rushed you for food. I haven't been up close to a horse in years! The weather was gorgeous!

The client had absolutely no clue about his computer which still amazes me about people. I almost wish I could be content with that laid back lifestyle but I am happy with how much I rely on technology. I've met most of my closest friends + even my husband here! Isn't it interesting how different people's lives are but how alike our feelings and problems can be? So many times I am sitting in my car at a red light and I look at the person in the car next to mine and think, "Wow, that person has a life". Ha! I know that sounds funny. Isn't it interesting how self-centered we are? I don't just mean that in the bad implications it has. I mean, we have a life and everything happens around us. You will probably never again see that person next to you or many of the people they ever come in contact in. I wonder what's going on in their life- what's important to them. Any interesting thoughts you have while driving?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home