{love, joleen} the blog -->

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

uhoh, a flat

yum

Is it my turn for mini disasters or what? Today the wee one I care for and I were on the freeway (in her mommy's car) on the way to pick up my love, joleen postcards when this guy next to me honks and tells me we have a flat. Now, for those of you that know me well, I tend to get really emotional. Normally, I would cry and panic. 1. I have a baby with me. 2. This isn't my car. 3. I'm on the freeway. But this time I stayed completely calm because, you know what? It wasn't my fault! I didn't put the nail on the ground and say I think I'm going to run it over and see what happens. Hallelujah, call the press, I'm a big girl now! You laugh but it's true. :) AAA is awesome and was there in record time! (Thanks, Mom!) The entire mini fiasco was resolved within a half hour. So... we pick up the postcards and they look great! They don't have the rounded corners I purchased but there are worse things in life. Let's look at it as a small refund for my efforts.

PS- no, sweetie, my necklace is not for eating...

4 Comments:

Blogger Jessica Moreau Berry said...

Thank goodness for staying cool, calm and collected!!

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am real proud of you! I don't know how i would have handled that one. one of my biggest fears is having car problems on the freeway with kids! thats probably most moms though! looking forward to the opening of your store!

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joleen's grams

I am still laughing yet praising that the situation was handled with a calm and professional decision. Thank goodness, IT WASN'T YOUR FAULT, LOL. Maturity comes in all fashions. Your's happen to come in the shape of a tire! Good Job, Sweetie.

7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one that normally cries in situations like that. What's up with that??! Sounds like you handled yourself quite maturely. Bravo to you! ;)

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home