{love, joleen} the blog -->

Saturday, November 18, 2006

perspective

perspective
thank you for your kind and concerned comments and emails re: spencer. we're all (including him!) happy that he's home safe + sound and have spent much time cuddling and getting decent naps together. :) last night alex and i saw stranger than fiction. it was so good. i'm typically not a fan of will ferrel's brand of comedy so this was a really nice change in my opinion. it really showed that he can do something different. anyway, it was really funny and smart and touching. go see it.

it was (is still?) a tough week for me. i am kind of in a funk right now and am really trying not to be. it was a long week with work and then spencer left. i feel perpetually tired and bummed for really no reason because i'm getting plenty of sleep. i was cheered up a bit this afternoon when my new sweet doll arrived. but even that joy was a bit short lived. there are just some of those days where i just want to sleep + sleep some more. i just wish there weren't this many of them. :/

part of me being bummed (and i hope this doesn't reflect too poorly on myself) is that my two most prized possessions are both broken- my laptop + my camera. i want to cry just typing that because it's so dang frustrating. my laptop has had so many problems in the last year and a half since i bought it, that it's quite easily the worst purchase i have ever made. my camera has two batteries- one that i cannot find and another that is completely dead and will no longer charge. i guess i'm going to have to go on a search for another battery now. hence, all the polaroid pics. anyway, that's all. i promise the next post will be happier.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dreamer said...

Aw, Joleen I understand how it would feel to not have a laptop and camera. It might seem materialistic but I think it's just that you enjoy using both things. I hope find your battery and get a new laptop maybe? :P

Everything will be ok.

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that your laptop and camera are on the fritz! It doesn't reflect poorly on your personality...those are two things that bring you joy and allow you to do the things that you make happy! I would be sad too.

kristen
starlakitty.livejournal.com

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my. A laptop and camera problem, poopoo. But its also the change in season I bet. I have been trying to shake off the depression that creeps up on me when the light dampens...otherwise known as seasonal depression. It's so frustrating. Everything could be going right, but I can't smile my full smile. Grr.

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home