{love, joleen} the blog -->

Thursday, November 16, 2006

wip: blythe diy

wip: blythe diy
karissa (pwp), darina (ll), inka (ft)
these blythe outfits are works in progress as i didn't have snaps or velcro for finishing. you have no idea how surprised and impressed with myself for achieving these (even if they are simple and a bit wonky!) because a) they're so wee and that makes it all the more hard because my chubby fingers get in the way. b) I don't read patterns so I completely made everything up. c) i don't sew- not clothes for myself or anyone else.

it all started because i got inka (far left) almost a year ago (!!) and didn't really feel connected to her (i know that won't make sense to non-blythe people) and therefore she had no name. sooo, i made an outfit that was "her" and searched through names last night. i wanted her to be french but couldn't decide on a name so i switched gears. i gave her a finnish name after a girl i saw on hel looks. the other outfits ensued.

ps- i bought a new girl and she's on her way! she's going to be such a funky character and i cannot wait!!!

pss- i have a couple more spots for the swap (below) if you want to trade with me. please keep in mind it's a 1:1 swap. thanks!

5 Comments:

Blogger sassybead said...

Wahhhh! I wanna Blythe doll now! Those are just adorable - never mind you "can't sew"!

10:12 AM  
Blogger la vie en rose said...

these are awesome and i totally admire you for this because i know how hard it must have been to work with such tiny pieces of fabric.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Geek+Nerd said...

Hey Joleen - to switch your blog to your domain through blogger, you go to dashboard, settings, publishing and right at the top you'll see switch to publishing via FTP, I think that's all I did! Let me know if you need more help :)

7:56 PM  
Blogger *aimee* said...

Joleen, you're too funny. You really crack me up. I love the outfits you made and am quite impressed. They're really cute. Don't get too talented or we're all going to expect you to make us larger versions. Can't wait to see the newest member of your family.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I think these are the cutest dolls ever!!. the first time I ever saw one was here on your blog and I think they are just toooo cute.

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home