{love, joleen} the blog -->

Thursday, September 08, 2005

christmas 'n collages

{love}
I started thinking about Christmas yesterday. I created two excel files- one for gifts and one for cards. This way, as I think of people, I can add 'em to one or both of the lists. This year I plan on making all of my gifts. I am actually quite excited about it but the key will be to space things out. This year has gone so fast it'll be the holidays in no time. This will probably mean I won't be posting everything I make before so as to keep the element of surprise!

I got this amazing book today: Making Memories: A Season of Giving. It has the most beautiful handmade gift ideas for the holidays in it. I also got collage discovery workshop by collage expert, Claudine Hellmuth. It has soooo many great ideas + techniques- I think I'm in love!
{make a wish} assemblage{make a wish} assemblage
I made my very first mixed media assemblage/shadowbox this afternoon. I am very happy with it and see more in my future. ;) You'll have to click on these wee images to see them better.

PS- Go check out Sabrina Ward Harrison's new website. It's gorgeous; so inspirational!

PSS- To see all of the art challenges so far go here!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice! You are really good at this stuff! As for making xmas gifts, I've been saying that for the last 5 years, hopefully you'll do better than me!
Sabrina Ward Harrison, I got her news letter yesterday, I love her work! I've been waiting for her new site for sooo long. I'm also still waiting for 2 of her books that I ordered, I'm really looking forward to reading them. Have you got any, and are there any other authers you absolutely recommend?
Good luck with the xmas gifts!

12:47 AM  
Blogger Mika said...

i really like the boxes, and the collage at the top too! you are really doing well on all your work, it has been really fun to see it here on the blog.

the art challenge has been fun to see too! i know that i would have been thrilled to recieve such a fun package, and challenge! it's so neat to see what everyone is coming up with.

thanks for the tip on the book, i have been thinking that this year all my gifts will be handmade too. :)

9:08 AM  
Blogger andrea said...

nice collage... it really has a wonderful textural feel to it.

yesyesyes to claudine hellmuth... I am really looking forward to participating in a couple of workshops of hers this coming october. which book do you have? she just came out with a new one (collage discovery: beyond the unexpected) and I love it even more than the first! lots of great techniques and ideas to try out and absolutely loving her use of color in this one.

sabrina ward harrison's new site rocks the proverbial casbah... she has a new book coming out, too! ah, so much goodness out there...

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home