{love, joleen} the blog -->

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

{painting} self portrait tuesday

{painting} self portrait tuesday
Yesterday was "painting day"- that is to say we painted our "new" condo. Sunday, Alex and I did the prep work, taping everything off, removing face plates, priming two of the rooms, etc. I think this really made Monday a lot easier than it could have been. We had seven people come to help- Mom, Brad, Aunt Kim, Vivian, Aimee, and Candice. Thank you SO much!!! We didn't quite finish but we got the majority done. Here are some of the pictures. (Thanks for letting me use your camera, Aimee!) Today I am tired and very sore. This photo is the only proof that I was there. Funny how that happens when you're mostly behind the camera.

You know I try to "plan" my SPT posts with something interesting (at least to me!) but this week my plan was changed because of the horrible event that took place (and is still) in the south east. I, for one, am proud of the crafting/art community that I belong to. I've seen so many wonderful, truly giving things that people have done and are doing. For more ideas for how to help please read my previous post.

PS- There is a new Self Portrait Tuesday blog with all the info to start participating. Plus a list of other participants.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

fun! painting is so great.

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie. I thought your self portrait was very patriotic. Red, White and Blue! Labor day should be celebrated by not laboring, but I'm sure you were happy to have the help. I hope all continues to go well with your condo.
G

10:41 AM  
Blogger aunt kim said...

i am so glad i could help! i really do enjoy painting. your place is great, i am so happy for you and alex. can't wait to see how you decorate!

12:52 PM  
Blogger kath red said...

thanks for a great post - always interesting self portraits. keep up the good work.

6:17 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

lovely, paint-splattered feet here (I know you're working hard!)... I did my feet, too this week... funny. but mine are underwater...

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home