{love, joleen} the blog -->

Monday, September 12, 2005

the culprit

the culprit
{the water heater which reaks havoc}
This damn old water heater was the cause of very unhappy + unfortunate happenings and I am not amused. Alex and I packed up the Tahoe with boxes and small furniture to take over to our new condo last night. We get there and Alex's opens the garage door and I see it.
water damagewater damage
water damagewater damage
These photos were taken after I moved most of my boxes out of the water. After I stopped crying because my purple plastic tub with all of my "favorite" craft goodies had somehow fallen over and was thrown up all over the garage floor. After I had taken out and examined every single book in a water ruined box. After I'd thrown a fit out of anger and sadness. Why has every single step of moving into this place been a problem? Am I missing something here???

So you think it didn't get any worse, right? Wrong. We decided to stay the night but we can't park the car in the garage since we had to move all of the boxes to the side. We knew we'd risk the chance of getting a ticket because the home association has some really stupid rules about not parking in your own driveway or even in the available parking (without a permit) but what choice did we have. Our apartment is 45 minutes away and it was 11:30 at night. We were supposed to be to work early today because Alex and "the guys" were going golfing for some benefit.

We were running late this morning and I needed to get everything off the floor for the carpet cleaners who were going to be there at 9:00. I picked up all of the blankets we'd slept with on the floor and carried them to the car. At least, I would have if our car was there. It wasn't in the driveway and not one of the two parked across the way. I said, "Alex, where's the car?" Alex- "Very funny." Except it wasn't. Those @#%@#$^% people towed our car. I have it back now but what a mess. All because of that damn water heater.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch!! Hope it didn't also cost you to get your car back!!! I'm wondering if your emotions and feelings will come across in your next piece. I often make art to vent... Sorry about your stuff... Hopefully that was the last of your bad luck.

11:51 AM  
Blogger the knitrider said...

aww that stinks! sorry its been so bad. i know it just feels like you want to kick someone in the teeth right about now.

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh Joleen! You are the second person who has had something horrible happen to their "art" stuff... my friend Grace came home and found her artwork vandalized across the street - the UPS man left a package at her door and some kids just tore it open and her pages were strewn all around and then the sprinklers got to them too. I can't imagine all that you guys have been through - so sorry for your loss! The trials of life just jump out of nowhere sometimes...

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awe, Joleen, all I can say is sorry and say MOVING SUCKS! Sorry your car got towed, as the sucky person who works for homeowners association, and towes car, I am sorry:)

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is bizarre how similar our experiences are! alan and i had a water heater "malfunction" at our last home in valencia, and had to park both of our cars in our driveway, only to be written up by our h.o.a. for violating our community codes - how scary is it that we are not "permitted" to park in our own driveways????!!! many hugs to you at this trying time - perhaps a trip to the rose bowl flea market would be a wondrous remedy?! hehe (it is held each month on the second sunday - we should pencil in for october!!)

5:49 PM  
Blogger Kim's Suitcase said...

yikes, sorry to hear about this bout of trouble...i hope things are looking up...

6:53 PM  
Blogger aunt kim said...

i am so sorry this has all happened to you and alex at a time when things should be going right. maybe it is some sign that things needed to be purged? :) who knows, i am sure in your eyes it was just plain madness and hurt. that really sucks! especially your losses. now lets look at the gains, for one you should get a 'new' water heater :) let us know if you need anything okay? love ya!!

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, you poor thing! What a bad stroke of luck. What got ruined by the water?

And that stinks how those crummy rules got your car towed!

With all that behind you now, I'm sure it will be smooth sailing now :)

11:46 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

What an awful day, Joleen! :( How absolutely frustrating.

Hope things brightened a bit after all that chaos!

9:59 PM  
Blogger dani said...

I would have been crying. Moving is already a hard thing, and then when things get destroyed or towed - I mean, what is up with not being able to park in your own driveway?? Weird. Hope life has only been looking rosy since.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home