{love, joleen} the blog -->

Monday, December 19, 2005

hung by the chimney with care

stocking closeup
One of the projects on my Christmas to-do list is to make three stockings. Alex's family is joining us this year and I wanted to make them something special. Heather found a great idea on Posie Gets Cozy (fabulous stuff!!) to make them out of old wool sweaters. I went to my local Salvation Army and bought three sweaters in red, pale yellow, and dark green. I brought them home and washed & dried them so they'd shrink. The first one I made using the red wool sweater but didn't think about embellishing it until after I'd machine stitched the two pieces together. Er der! So I cut holly & berries using part of two of the sweaters and had to hand stitched them on. The bottom is a bit lumpy which really bugged me at first but now it isn't so bad. The second stocking I made using the pale yellow sweater. This time, I appliqued the top piece before sewing the two together. I used polka dot craft felt and embroidery thread. I'm pretty happy with this one. I still have the third stocking to make which I'll hopefully have time for tonight. Being sick last week really threw me off and I have a ton to do this week! Eep!
stocking
♥ less than a day left to bid on the house wristlet
♥ don't forget to check out the yummy my paper crane yarn I'm selling, here

4 Comments:

Blogger aunt kim said...

What a great idea and they look so festive too! I hope you have a wonderful time with your in-laws :)

b.t.w., your tree looks beautiful but where are all the ornaments you made?

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely stockings...love the little polka dot mittens ;o)

12:14 AM  
Blogger mrsskeels said...

Wow Jo! I love those stockings. Definately a must for next year's Christmas boutique!

8:56 AM  
Blogger Kim Carney said...

I want to try making one!

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home