{love, joleen} the blog -->

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Paris Submission

paris submission
After completing 35 covers for the {Vintage Valentine} chunky book and 27 pages (of 50) for an Aubergine book I'm in, I decided for a change. Above is a piece I created for Somerset Studio's call for Paris themed artwork. Believe it or not, I've never submitted any of my personal art for consideration so I'm pretty anxious about it. This mixed media collage was created on 5" x 7" canvas. I created it using an image from HannahGrey, scrapbook paper, printed images, rubber stamp, a sticker, mini knit gloves, charms, gel medium, rubber cement, and gesso. The lighting isn't the best so the artwork doesn't look as good in the photograph as in person but hopefully if it's published, it'll look better. :)

PS- I've posted a new chunky book swap in the previous entry. If you're in my Vintage Valentine book and want to be in this one- don't panic! The pages aren't due for the next one until April 1st!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home