{love, joleen} the blog -->

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Pin Cushion Phenomenon

Boy, have I been having fun a aquiring vintage and modern, fun and fabulous, fabrics these last few days! I took a very successful trip to Goodwill this morning. I found an awesome blazer for myself and a skirt for my sister. :D I also found some great fabrics in old pillow cases and women's wear. I found a beautifully handmade top that's way to small for me but was too cute to pass up. So, I will add it to my store when it's up and running. :) The BEST find today was (1965) The Woman's Day Book of Soft Toys & Dolls by Joan Russell.

The Woman's Day Book of Soft Toys & Dolls cover

This is the adorable image on the cover of the book when the cover jacket is off. Isn't it cute? :D
The Woman's Day Book of Soft Toys & Dolls hard cover

Last night I started cutting out fabric and felt to make cute pin cushions. Today I decided I was also going to make a series of owls, birds, and kitty pin cushions. :D Below is the cut out fabric of my first owl before being adhered and sewn together. They slid a bit since they're not attached but you get the idea. :D

Owl pin cushion cut out

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim Carney said...

My mom and I took a President's Day sale to Goodwill, and was very discouraged. So many people there! Nothing left! So I will never go again during the day, on a sale day. -- Kim

9:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i must say i find your work remarkable!!
everything so sweet

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home