{love, joleen} the blog -->

Friday, August 19, 2005

good in bed

i've just completed reading my third book in as many weeks- good in bed, by jennifer weiner. i'm thinking "chick lit" wasn't the best follow-up to the ever-amazing time traveler's wife. i was half way through the book before i was really captured by the story and characters. then, without any warning, i could relate to this character- with her father + weight issues. i thought it was a decent book- entertaining enough. not as good as weiner's little earthquakes or in her shoes. i still intend to read goodnight, nobody...eventually.

i had so much feedback on good books out there (thank you!)- i can't wait to start on my new list. i decided to read the poisonwood bible by barbara kingslover first, and purchased it during today's trip to barnes and nobel.


Blogger Jes said...

Hi Joleen!

Just dropping by to say HELLO! Have not had a lot of time to read blogs lately...and I'm just missing out on so much!

I Love your 40 favorites....I'm a closet GH fan....what's a girl to do? Geenie Francis (Laura) once bought vintage linens from me here in Maine!


7:04 AM  
Blogger Giao said...

Hi Joleen! I'm in the middle of The Time Traveler's Wife right now and am loving it. I agree with you In Her Shoes is better than GIB, but I also agree it'd be hard (really hard) to get into it after something so great as TTTW. I love book discussions! My next book in line is Monkey Bridge. I'm looking forward to it!

8:27 AM  
Blogger Caribbean Colors said...

Hi Jolene. I read Good in Bed and cried at the end. I just finished Poisonwood Bible and loved it too. It's hard to get books here in Belize so when I score a winner, its heaven on earth.

7:54 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

as if you need any more books to add to your list... BUT I highly recommend (two of my favorites):

'a tree grows in brooklyn' and 'white oleander'.

that is, if you haven't already read them...

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home