{love, joleen} the blog -->

Friday, August 19, 2005

good in bed

i've just completed reading my third book in as many weeks- good in bed, by jennifer weiner. i'm thinking "chick lit" wasn't the best follow-up to the ever-amazing time traveler's wife. i was half way through the book before i was really captured by the story and characters. then, without any warning, i could relate to this character- with her father + weight issues. i thought it was a decent book- entertaining enough. not as good as weiner's little earthquakes or in her shoes. i still intend to read goodnight, nobody...eventually.

i had so much feedback on good books out there (thank you!)- i can't wait to start on my new list. i decided to read the poisonwood bible by barbara kingslover first, and purchased it during today's trip to barnes and nobel.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jessica Moreau Berry said...

Hi Joleen!

Just dropping by to say HELLO! Have not had a lot of time to read blogs lately...and I'm just missing out on so much!

I Love your 40 favorites....I'm a closet GH fan....what's a girl to do? Geenie Francis (Laura) once bought vintage linens from me here in Maine!

CIAO!

7:04 AM  
Blogger Caribbean Colors Belize said...

Hi Jolene. I read Good in Bed and cried at the end. I just finished Poisonwood Bible and loved it too. It's hard to get books here in Belize so when I score a winner, its heaven on earth.

7:54 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

as if you need any more books to add to your list... BUT I highly recommend (two of my favorites):

'a tree grows in brooklyn' and 'white oleander'.

that is, if you haven't already read them...

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home