{love, joleen} the blog -->

Saturday, August 13, 2005

the time traveler's wife


I've just completed one of the best books I've ever read and now, when it's time to tell you all about it, I am at a loss for words. You know when you've just finished watching a movie or reading a book and you need that time to truly process what has happened? You have to ask yourself kinds of questions and try to come up with your own answers, so that it makes sense and you have peace. Or, if you're me, a lot of times you'll just beg someone (usually my mom or husband) to make something up! :)

The Time Traveler's Wife was written by Audrey Niffenegger and published in 2003. It is her first novel. It's both engaging and thought provoking. It's smart, imaginitive, and captivating. It doesn't take long for the characters and even the idea of time travel itself to become real.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was an amazing book, I read it last year and I loved it!

4:03 AM  
Blogger gillian said...

this is on my "to read" list.
judging from the rave reviews, i'll definetly try to pick it up as soon as i can.

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen it so many times on the shelf at Barnes and Noble and always thought how good it looked. Maybe it is time for me to buy it!

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i also love, Love, LOVE this book, and "love, Love, LOVE" is an expression i reserve for only the most worthy....=)

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home