{love, joleen} the blog -->

Monday, January 09, 2006

♥ ART

I have had a whirlwind of art over the last few days. I feel so good right now. I am not feeling overloaded or overwhelmed. I feel great about the quality of my artwork. It's one of those times in my life when the ideas just flow and I feel totally inspired. I am motivated to get through my list so I can try new things & new projects this year. I had a great conversation with my mom today about wanting to learn new tasks and to FOLLOW THROUGH! I feel confident that this is possible for me as I have successfully completed my last few projects. As previously stated, I've completed the 35 covers for the Vintage Valentine chunky book. I don't know if you know what that entailed but after completing my collage I beaded 35 felt hearts. That's a total of 245 beads, folks. But wait! That's not all! I completed 27 of my 50 Aubergine chunky book pages, which, you guessed it, included beads- 189! By the time I'm done beading it'll be up to about 600 beads! Whoa! NOTE: THERE ARE 40 PEOPLE IN VINTAGE VALENTINE! OOPS..MEANS 5 MORE! I'm keeping the cover under wraps but here is my Aubergine page:
aubergine- closeup
Then, I did the layouts in mine and Heather's collaborative journals (see previous post). Time to send those along. Below is an all original chunky book page I did for a swap on Chubbyville. Every month there is a new theme and you make only one page and send it along to the designated person.
window
The theme this month was "Windows". I am really happy with the way it turned out. I experimented with using bright and fun colors to create a non traditional look. The window image and a transparency are actually between two sheets of orange cardstock. I showed you a Paris piece I created as a submission to Somerset Studio magazine. Below is a piece I created today for their call for Bohemian artwork. It's not 100% yet as I'd like to have it cover a journal. I will show you the finished piece when it's completed.
bohemian

1 Comments:

Blogger Heidi R. said...

wow, things are looking so good. Seems like you are also having a lot of fun!!!

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home