{love, joleen} the blog -->

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

ok, let's try this again...

i know it's only been a few minutes since my last post but i need to just decide i'm not going to be in a funk. no one has even read the post but i feel like i shouldn't delete it because it's the truth and my life and how can i document it if i'm erasing the ugly? and speaking of documenting - i've been journaling (the old fashion way) these last few days and have been enjoying it quite a bit. it's nice not to have an audience occasionally. it's nice to be free and creative + without the structured format of a blog. but then again it's nice to be talking to someone instead of the cheesy conversations i seem to have with lined paper in a notebook. yes, i'm a dear diary sort of gal, more or less.

the best thing about AFF for me was the people. i haven't met a single soul since we moved here but that really isn't an excuse because i can't remember the last time i made local friends anyway. artfiberfest was a way for me to connect to the outside world and more importantly a world in which i co-exist quite beautifully. I was so tickled by people that introduced themselves knowing who i was through my blog or flickr account + what i looked like (thanks to the daily photos of myself here in may..lol). right away when heather and i were walking down the hall i hear a friendly, "hi joleen!" and i'm trying to figure out who it is without looking like a complete moron because surely i should know this person. and i do! i just didn't know what pam garrison looked like... she's as beautiful + friendly as i thought, although i have to admit for some reason i thought she'd be blonde. lol. it's so funny the preconcieved notions you have sometimes isn't it? i met several other lovely women this way and i just really want to thank you. it was really special to me to meet people that take the time to know me through here. you are my most special of friends.

more tomorrow. xo goodnight!

6 Comments:

Blogger gkgirl said...

i'm glad you had a good time...
and i hope the "funk" passes you
by quickly...
:)

5:09 AM  
Blogger dogfaeriex5 said...

jolene~
your blog is you, not what someone else thinks it should be! that is what i like and why i read your blog and the others i have on my fav list!! your funk will pass, i think you just didnt want to leave the AFF so soon, i wouldnt and i havent been there yet!!!

sparkle on, sister~*~*~~*~
~k

looking forward to my first portal issue!!

7:04 AM  
Blogger Dreamer said...

Joleen, that's awesome! See, you are a memorable person :) I think you should always leave those posts that express when your down because your human and it happens. And in real life you can't delete the bad times, just learn from them and be stronger. Plus, everyone can relate to that. Keep the truth comin' :)

8:40 AM  
Blogger sassybead said...

Joleen,

It was so much fun to get to meet you and to have you and Heather to myself, if only for a few hours. I enjoyed looking at all your creations, and talking to you "in the flesh," as they say. Next time, maybe I'll be able to afford to actually GO to AFF, and to hang out with you and all the other wonderful people I met at the Vendor night. I understand the funk...I always feel that way after I've been in an intense, high-energy environment for a few days. There's so much to absorb and ponder over and remember! I say take the down-time, and let yourself get recharged, and in the meantime just soak in all the wonderfulness you experienced here...we'll be here when you come back.

Hugs,
Sharon

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey joleen, just wanted to make sure you are still interested in the cd project. i'm hoping to wrap it all up next week. drop by pink sky productions to let me know. thanks!

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok firstly I have been feeling the same way and...dont...know...why...! It is incr4edibly frustrating to me (and hubby of course)

2nd :) LOVE: your new banner, your AFF post, and being your "friend"

Also, so funny, I thought Pam was blonde too...I guess I just imagine all super shabby chic style gals to be blonde???

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home