{love, joleen} the blog -->

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

unplugged.

today i started a post about this past weekend when i realized my charger wasn't working and my laptop battery was quickly dying. when i plugged it in i accidently dropped it on the travertine causing some sort of short so for the rest of the day i was unable to work. it was so frustrating because i have so much on my mind (re: issue 3) that i want to get onto a layout! it also means i'm unable to check my portals email inbox so if you've emailed me recently please have patience a while longer. tomorrow i'll be visiting my local tech store for another charger and i'm hoping it doesn't cost my right arm.


weekend news: the women of faith conference friday + saturday was really great. it was nice to spend time with special family members + hear the great speakers- each with her own powerful testimony. i didn't realize robin mcgraw would be one of the speakers so that was a fun surprise for me. it was neat to see her hubby (dr. phil) walk her off the stage like she does for him everyday on his show. sunday my mom, sister: aimee, and i participated in the heart 5k run/walk. we had set the goal of walking it in 45 minutes. we each completed the 3.1 miles in the 41st minute! :) my exact time was 41:31. i was/am so thrilled with that and proud of our accomplishment. now we're training to run a 5k (and beat our time!) in about 4-5 months. thank you for your continued support!! i also want to share that as of last thursday, alex and i have each lost 18.5 lbs.! :) i still have a lot more to go but i am really feeling great about myself right now. thank you for being such an encouragement to me!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the new header to your blog, green is so cute on you. :) Im a regual visitor, but never written befor. Love your work and i always find lots of lovely tips and links from here. Keep up the good work, both on the art and weight! (im also trying to loose some now and hopefully keeping it off this time)
Hugs,
Nina

2:34 AM  
Blogger beki said...

Congrats on the weightloss, that's awesome! I just started trying to lose weight myself. Good luck to you on training for a 5K. A while back I did the "couch to 5K" training program. It's a great way to start running.

6:48 AM  
Blogger aunt kim said...

I had a great time too! Congrats on your time (41 minutes wow!) and your weight loss. Your determination will get you to your goals :) Have fun training!

Love ya!

7:16 AM  
Blogger Nichole said...

Congratulations! What an awesome accomplishment.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Dreamer said...

That's great Joleen! Hope you achieve even more :)

9:16 PM  
Blogger Kristina said...

That's so super Joleen! I've started WW almost 2 weeks ago and you have inspired me!

:+)

3:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Job Joleen!!! You're doing so great!

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home