{love, joleen} the blog -->

Thursday, August 31, 2006

{summer reading} part iii


funny how i only just started tracking my reading like this in the last three weeks of summer. ;) this week i read steinbeck's of mice and men. don't know how i missed reading that in middle school but in our most recent trip to the bookstore alex made it part of my selection. short book, good read. very touching. i also read jodi picoult's book keeping faith- my 3rd of her books in as many weeks. it was a good read- very unique topic.. a little confusing at times as to who was narrating but still good overall. looking forward to reading a couple other books of hers that i have waiting on my nightstand.

{complete craft}
this is another book i recently purchased: a hardcover coffee table book on sale for $10! the photographs for the tutorials are truly beautiful and there is a really wide range of craft ideas. i can't wait to try some of the ideas myself (in my copious spare time, right?). you can view these scans individually/larger here, here, and here.

3 Comments:

Blogger gkgirl said...

that book looks like a total
bargain!
good for you!
and i have never read
of mice and men either
although it has been on my
"list" for a long time
:)

8:44 AM  
Blogger Dreamer said...

oooh, I think I'd also like that craft book. It looks pretty cool!

5:27 PM  
Blogger kerry said...

hi - i love those 2 books you pictured. i'm so glad i found your blog and it brought me back to my memories of those books, both of which have changed me somehow.

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home