{love, joleen} the blog -->

Saturday, November 25, 2006

and like that...

christmas decor
...we're in full holiday mode and i am loving it. i love, love, love this time of year! it's been a little tough living here with the deceiving temperatures everyday (still in the 70's-80's) but i am determined to make my home a little winter wonderland. we did a little shopping after work yesterday- mostly holiday wrapping, a few decor items, and some holiday clothes for ourselves. i'm using those fabulous wine glasses from target to hold candles as part of the centerpiece and filled the candle hurricane holder with silver and "peppermint" ornaments. i'll be on the lookout for the perfect tablecloth today and may switch the candles with red ones. we'll see- i'm quite pleased with it so far.
christmas decor

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your little table- its so fab! And the peppermint ornaments are so cute and sparkly(my favorite thing)~!

1:57 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

looking bee-you-tee-full!

i can't wait to see what
else you come up with,
:)

6:45 AM  
Blogger Nichole said...

Oh I just love those ornaments! So pretty. My table is sparse, mostly due to the fact that my holiday stuff is packed away deep in the bowels of one of our closets, and I don't really care to find out which one!

Thus, I'm not putting up my tree this year. My husband won't be here for Christmas, and I don't feel like prying my little one away from it every 5 minutes.

So I bought one of those mini trees for 2.50 at Target. You had to have seen them. They had pink, blue, silver and irridescent. I wanted irridescent but when I went back all they had was silver. It's technically for my daughter's room (and her ornaments) but I'm keeping it in the living room this year.

But your table arrangement gave me a brilliant idea. If I do break down and find my holiday box, I could put some of my favorite ornaments in a decorative urn or some such container! Voila, easy centerpiece! Thanks, you genius you!

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the peppermint looking ornaments! I put up our tree and most of the decorations over the weekend, but need to tweak them here and there and finish. I love this time of year and yep, I'm having trouble getting into the holiday spirit when it is in the mid-70s here!

:)

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I the only person who never thought to put ornaments in vases/cocktail shakers/clear vessels? This looks so great.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home