{love, joleen} the blog -->

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

fashion design

Today's Oprah was to celebrate the 5th anniversary of her magazine: O. On the cover she's wearing a fabulous couture gown by fashion designer, Narciso Rodriguez. Here is one of his featured designs. I absolutely ♥ that blue jacket!


While we're on the note of fashion designers I just ♥ ♥ ♥ what Jennifer Lopez cranked out at the Fall '05 Fashion Week in NY in February! These are seriously just a few of my favorites! Here is everything.

*sigh* I don't usually talk about this "outloud" because I know I could later be held accountable for my comments. I dread the feelings of regret and often pressure (mostly from myself) in regards to school. It's always been such a tug of war within me. With the end of the school year drawing near, in the year that my peers are graduating without me I feel a twinge of regret and jealousy. I feel that I am in a good spot in my life right now. I have a supportive family, a great job, a new business with lots of potential. I get to craft and create and do things that I love. I can afford to do this! I make the time because I've realized over the years that I cannot do without art. My life feels devoid and empty without it. What would a degree help me to achieve? For one thing, and perhaps the most important, it would help create a better sense of self worth. I will be accomplished; educated. What would I major in? Would I go back to fidm and pursue a fashion design career? I am not sure that's where my craft is headed. I think I would be better suited with a merchandising degree. I still dream of owning and running my own free standing consignment boutique. I see love, joleen continuing to grow and expand. Do I really need that degree to be successful? Maybe it isn't so much a need but a strong desire. I do want to go to school. I would love to go. But, when?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you jealous of your friends for finishing school or are you jealous/envious of what they have gained? that is what you really need to think about. you are at a place in your life right now where you are happy. the potential for your inner and outer success is already there. i have always told you to not let go of your dreams and to proceed with what works for you. do I have regrets for not finishing school? yes, sometimes i do, but i wouldn't change one thing in my life right now! school is always there for me as it will always be there for you! i am so proud of your growth and accomplishments and i know i am not alone! keep it up kiddo, always excited to see what you create!

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know sweetie, I totally agree with your Aunt Kim. Always, always follow your dream, but in the meantime don't step on the cracks! Be faithful to God and listen to His voice. He will never steer you wrong. I am 59 and I am still dreaming. I didn't finish high school. I am sorry I didn't at least finish high school. But on a good note, If I hadn't married your grandfather Goldberg I wouldn't have given birth to my wonderful and inspirational daughter, Lisa. Then she wouldn't have had you. I am proud of everything you do and I am jeaslously happy for your gift of art. Keep up the good work! Love to you, Grams

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home