{love, joleen} the blog -->

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Sew Frustrated!

owl clutch
I tried *so* hard on this pouch not to sew too close to the zipper. My efforts were of no avail. :( First of all, my sewing machine is being a pain tonight! It kept messing up and if you could see between the lining and top fabrics you would shudder. I. Am. Not. Kidding! Eeek!! I am so bummed because I personally think this is super cute!! Heck, I would buy it! :D Specifics: 5.25" x 9" clutch; made of recycled grey corduroy, wool & acrylic felt, printed felt, embroidery thread, orange tulle, ribbon; embellished with decorative stiches; lined with orange and red check pattern cotton fabric.

Looks kinda lumpy in that top pic... Here is the lining. It's a perfect match IMO!
owl clutch inside
This last picture illustrates the horrible mess I made of the zipper. Luckily this clutch DOES open and close.. the bummer is you have to hold down the lining in order for it not to get caught on the zipper. Ugh! This one will be mine and I will practice so I can hopefully put similar ones in my shop.
owl clutch ouch

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica Moreau Berry said...

You are lucky that you can sew! I'm a horrible sewer!

I do love that vintage grey cord!! Very cool!

have a great day!

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home