{love, joleen} the blog -->

Saturday, June 11, 2005

i ♥ japanese craft books!!

Okay, so I am still on a Japanese spree because I'm beyond smitten with it all! If you want my undying love buy me a handmade ZAKKA craft book. You might recall this one I bought back in April while in San Francisco. It's my absolute favorite craft book to date!
handmade zakka
ISBN #: 4579109686

Today I went to the Japanese Amazon and searched for more handmade ZAKKA and other craft books recommended. Unfortunately international orders take 3-4 weeks to deliver but I am STILL *so* excited to get these books!! Here is what I bought:

beautiful baby items:
handmade zakka ii
ISBN#: 457911017X

craft items:
handmade zakka
ISBN #: 4579109988

patchwork book recommended by wee wonderfuls:
patchworks
ISBN #: 457911020X

beautiful artwork created with children's drawings, recommended by angry chicken, which remind me so much of lizette greco's work:
children's drawings
ISBN #: 4776201135

You can get help in converting currency (so you know what you're paying!) here.

Oh man, there are so many books I want! Although I love eBay this is such a cheaper way to get them! Make sure you take a thorough gander because shipping costs are not cheap. Plus, it would stink if you completed the sale and then fell in love with another book! But then again, how can that not happen?

8 Comments:

Blogger a. said...

Have you tried www.yesasia.com ?

The site in in English and the wait is not so bad. I ordered a Japanese apron book from them. It's considerably cheaper than ebay.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I actually have but I couldn't find all of the ISBN's I wanted to I did it the Amazon way. It was actually pretty easy to navigate once I found the "english translation" buttons. :)

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so jealous! I've been making a mental list of things to get when I *eventually* place my amazon.jp order. Until then I will have to drool all over yours -- sorry for the mess.

7:32 PM  
Blogger ana ventura said...

Thanks for your comment!
This is a nice blog too!~
:)

3:29 AM  
Blogger Ciyou said...

I've a translated ZaKka Magnize from Taiwan, its a nice book. I love ur books too. Japanese craft are very very nice.

8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you that you placed an order with Amazon Japan! I have all 4 of the ones you ordered on my wishlist but I've been a little intimidated proceeding with the order. Thanks for the link so I can see how much I'm spending (always good to know ;) ) I'm really enjoying your blog and can't wait to your shop goodies!

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi from Japan.
it seems to me Japanese zakka is really popular in the us.
happy to know that.

9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those books are making me drool. I love Amazon Japan, they have received quite a bit of my moolah this year.

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home