{love, joleen} the blog -->

Friday, July 08, 2005

pool play

Oh my, a third post in a day! I really am making up for the neglected week, aren't I? :) Okay, I have to tell you about the funniest thing that happened when I took the kiddos to the community pool this afternoon. It was me with my five charges in tow (one under the age of one). There were two other groups there- a papa with his grandaughter and grandson and a father with his two little boys. It was really quite amusing for me to see them try and tell the kids to get out of the pool. I heard the papa tell the youngsters "last jump" about 15 minutes before he got out himself. Then, he stood there helplessly watching the kids swim and play for a good half hour. I was so tempted to go up to the wee ones and say, "Okay guys, time to get out. Your papa was nice enough to bring you here to play for a good long time and now it's time to get out." That, or physically drag 'em out but I didn't think either option would be appreciated. Meanwhile I hear "dad" tell his boys "Now, remember the boy who called woof..." for his brats (I mean kids) to go on and on yelling "HELP!". I felt bad but it was hard to stiffle my smiles. When it was my charges time to get out of the pool and dry off I simply said, "Okay, out!", and they did. :D

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joleen, OMG, you crack me up! Let's think back to who was always the last to drag herself out of the pool. Hehe...it wasn't me.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't know WHAT you're talking about! ;)

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home