{love, joleen} the blog -->

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

self portrait tuesday- fourteen

fourteen
(click image to see clearer/enlarged)
I've now been without my camera for a couple of weeks but I found these photographs while packing and thought they'd work for this week's self portrait Tuesday. This is me at age fourteen. I've looked so much the same throughout my life but age fourteen was such an awkward age, as with most people! Behind that smile are braces. Notice the overalls and scrunchie! Too funny. :) My mom has a tradition with us that around age 13 or 14 she takes us for "glamour shots". The top photograph was from that.

I made this with last week's contribution to self portrait tuesday:
{reflection}
This was my first time playing with canvas paper and I'm in love!! :) It was such a fun base. I mostly used acrylic paints and rubber stamps. Alex told me that it's his favorite thing I've ever made and asked me if he could have it. He wants me to frame it for his office.

7 Comments:

Blogger aunt kim said...

Joleen, I like Alex, think it is my favorite thing as well! That is such an awesome piece of art! Can't wait to see whats next. By the way, that is pretty brave of you posting the '14' pictures. I have kept those years in hiding for a long time (of me that it).

6:32 AM  
Blogger aunt kim said...

ooops, I mean (of me that is). Sorry :(

6:33 AM  
Blogger shuvo said...

i like your blog... especially the graphics you do/did inside. in fact i am addicted to unusual creativeness. anyway, be loved and keep glowing.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Mika said...

oh my gosh! i totally had a glamour shot done when i was 14 too!! how funny! i may just have to post it sometime thanks to your reminder. ;)

love the collage as well.

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish my journal entries were as creative as yours! I try, I try :)

Hey, I just saw your comment on my blog (I should activate email notifications) about wanting my tree painting. Are you still interested? If not, that's cool :) :)

http://www.starmagnolia.com/theblog/archives/2005/08/though_i_may_di.html

3:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You look so cute.

5:46 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

oh, it's always so fun to look back... see where you were, how you looked at different points in life... these are so fun!!!

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home