{love, joleen} the blog -->

Thursday, August 25, 2005

BOYS

So, I had gone outside to "supervise" the packing up of my car before leaving work for the weekend. Sarah was over and helping me out. I went to walk back in the house when she said a neighbor was calling me. I turned around as the next door neighbor walked up.

She said, "We have a situation," and proceeded to tell me that her oldest son (around age seven) and his friend had been throwing dirt clumps/rocks. I thought, "Uh oh... I wonder if they broke a house window and we just didn't hear it". "They hit your car", she said, looking very upset. She said they would pay for the car wash so we can access any damage and offered to pay for that as well. She was so apologetic, especially since she knew it was a new car and had seen my old one. I asked, "Are you okay?" I considered giving her a hug just as she started to turn away. She said the boys would be up to apologize in a minute. When she left I couldn't help but laugh at the entire situation and thought to myself, "BOYS!"

Then the boys came to the door, with blank (scared?) looks on their faces. The one of the left stayed perfectly silent while the other one said, "Here," and handed me a small wad of cash. Then. They left. Having never said, "I'm sorry," the little shits.

Dear Lord,
You know the desires of my heart.
Please, PLEASE no boys!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny, I've always felt like boys would be easier then little girls. Plus... how great would it be to have a mini JD running around?

I'm gonna have all girls I just know it.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Joleen, you cracked me up with "the little shits!"

Boys...you know how MY little boy is! I prayed SO hard for Kate to be a girl! LOL.

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home