{love, joleen} the blog -->

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

self portrait tuesday- reflection



I have been without my digi cam for several days now. Somewhere in the midst of my move and otherwise hectic life I've misplaced my battery charger and spare. I was lucky enough to find this "old" self portrait on my computer. It just so happens to be the same theme as this week's Illustration Friday. My own illustration for this theme is here.

I took this photograph in my bathroom when I was living in L.A. Notice the towel bar again- well actually a towel this time. This was taken sometime between late 2003 and very early 2004. I was 30+ lbs. less than I am now and not yet married. I was happier with myself/body at this time, too.

Uh, sorry for the "boob shot", Mom. ;)

8 Comments:

Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

cool photo...love it.
just wanted to tell you that i added you to my list of blogs that i read...hope that's okay?
molly

8:55 AM  
Blogger S said...

I posted a comment already to your picture at Flickr, but wanted to say again how cool I think this picture is. Very pretty and cool shot!

4:44 PM  
Blogger Tony LaRocca said...

Most of our ideas are reflected back from ourselves. Great idea :)

7:59 PM  
Blogger knottydon said...

very cool perspective too.. normally you'd see the real image on top and the reflected version at the bottom... yours is sideways... word!

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very lovely. Your eyes are stunning!

11:08 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I really like this picture. Thanks for commenting on my blog, I thought I would come check yours out. You are so talented, your illustrations are adorable.

4:25 AM  
Blogger Fernando Ferreira said...

Hello, Joleen.
Thank you for your supportive comment. Your picture is very imaginative and expressive. It's easy to realize you have talent. Keep up your good work.

2:45 AM  
Blogger andrea said...

I love to go back, revisit old photographs... think about where I was in life, personally, creatively. this is wonderful... beautiful eyes here.

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home