{love, joleen} the blog -->

Sunday, September 18, 2005

what is more important

than our children?? Answer: NOTHING! So why is it I hear stories about "dad" who forgot his 5 month old baby in the car while he worked from home only for the baby to die! Because poor dad had his schedule changed and was TOO busy to be bothered with such a minor detail.

Why was it that while at the store today the cashier had to make a public request for the person with the gold van parked out front to go to her screaming + crying babies?! Why did this woman rush to the front, only to CHECKOUT before going to her children? Why did it take an angry, yelling "mob" of people to point out to this "mother" that children die in hot cars, that there are BAD people out there that steal cars + kidnap children. Did she need this reminder? The news isn't enough? This is heart wrenching. This is pathetic. This is a time to treasure your children and to protect them. Nothing in your shopping cart is worth the loss of them.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow... just to say that I love your new picture of the blog!
I didn't saw it yet. =)

beautiful!

4:52 PM  
Blogger aunt kim said...

ABSOLUTELY TRUE JOLEEN! It infuriates me to hear such things. People really need to rethink their priorities in life and stop making such a fuss over the materialism that surrounds us. Our children deserve better! They didn't ask to be born, we as adults make that choice for them. We have NO right to take their life for granted. I could probably vent much more but I will save you from having to read this book I am writing. I strongly feel that people that people who 'kill' their kids need to be fixed like we fix our animals!

6:28 PM  
Blogger aunt kim said...

by the way, love your new artwork for the blog!

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love, Love, LOVE the new banner!!!!! i am quite enamored with your collages, especially all of the delicious layers.
you had asked what i use to create my banners - i use a mac program called Photo Impression, which allows me to create my funky eraser-marked-like edges.
we MUST get together for a craft-o-rama soon!

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes i could not agree more: neglectful parents are a menace to society. it's a shame!!!

on another note... LOVE THE new banner and background color of your blog, sistah! very cool...

11:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the kind comment on my blog. I love your collages.

2:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate hearing these kinds of stories. Nothing hurts me more than stories of child neglect or abuse. It's so unfair... children have no means of doing for themselves, they have no means of removing themselves from harms way. They are completely reliant on their parents, and they so need love and attention. It kills me to hear of any sort of abuse. I look at my kid, and think how LUCKY I am to have him, it's not the other way around. He isn't lucky to have a parent that loves him, that is a basic need that every child should have met.
I could go on. And on.
The only reason that I am not ok with having to ask some agency whether you can have a child and screening (besides the fact that that is CREEPY) is that I know my 19 year old self would have been refused. And I can't imagine my life without the little guy. But, not all teen mom's turn out to be good mom's.
People can be so evil.

6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So true Joleen, too many horrible things happen everyday... I get very mad when I see an animal locked in a car on a hot summers day, I think I'd go over the top if I saw a baby... people need to get responsible.

Nice new banner by the way.

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home