{love, joleen} the blog -->

Saturday, October 01, 2005

hello, october!

{halloween} altered paint can
This is my very first altered paint can. What fun it was to make, too! I made this Halloween themed one for my charge. She's only a year and a half and won't be getting candy so I'm going to fill it with toddler-friendly goodies. I was inspired to do this when I saw this 2peas post. This was also my first time using my two new stamp sets! I used this stamp from Wendi Speciale Designs and this alphabet set from Paper Wishes. The weird thing about the latter is that it doesn't look like the photo in the catalog or online. My set is black letters on a foam faux wood. Funny, huh?
{halloween} altered paint can


How sweet is this candy corn?! My 13 year old sister, Sarah, made this for me in her woodshop class. I've made it through Sept. wondering why decorations were already out (straight through Christmas!) but now that it's October- I'm game! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

Thats super cute!! I may have to make one for Hannah. Where did you get thje paint can?? Where are the messy studio pix??
H

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so fun!!

I LOVE those paper wishes stamps!! (their site must be down. the link doesn't work and niether does all the links I Googled) I have been wanting the Lil davis version and can't find them.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home