{love, joleen} the blog -->

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

{basic supplies}

basic supplies
From time to time I run out of my art-making basics and have to invest in new supplies. While I love all of these items, especially when they're brand new, I don't love handing over a Benjamin for them. I don't know why this is but I always end up handling different tub sizes and contemplating their worth. I doesn't matter how long I stand there doing this, I always bite the bullet and buy the big'un. Why not? I use it. And, this is everything I use, nearly 100% of the time. I have to say this- if you ever buy me paint brushes, buy them on sale! I have a tendency to forget that last washing and wake up the next morning to a hard + ruined paintbrush. Then I usually curse myself for it because it happens way too much. Boo.

What are some of your favorite basics/staples for crafts + art?

8 Comments:

Blogger kelly barton art + design said...

i know what you are saying...in
the last three weeks, i have
ruined about 3-4 brushes. i have
to run out the door with the kids
or i start a household chore and
there that brush is laying out on
the table, drying. i am also the
queen of not putting caps back on
my pens! ughhhhh!

7:08 AM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

When I splurge on new supplies, it is usually wild colors of thread for sewing, new embroidery thread, a couple yards of funky fabric and new stamp pads for making cards. I would have a savings account if it weren't for JoAnn's.

7:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate replacing the basics. I hate when a paint runs out. I get oddly attatched to the used ones, and all the things I've used them for. Using the last of them... it bums me out a little.

Did you get my email this time?

9:55 AM  
Blogger trudesign said...

For me, I have to have modge podge, super glue, E6000, sharp exacto blades, and prismacolor colored pencils around at all times.

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For me some must haves are:

a fine and medium point black Sharpie

a red handled tapered paint brush that I've had since I was about 10 years old

sharp scissors, and if they are a fun color it doesn't hurt

an old credit card for smoothing out glue and paint etc.

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to have my rubber stamps and ephemera (love to alter old pictures)! I have a question. I have been reading a lot about Gesso. I want to use it. I think I want to do a collage on canvas with old pictures and scrapbook paper. How do you use your Gesso? Would love to know! Thanks!

4:12 PM  
Blogger Heidi R. said...

supplies are so expensive!! I wish they were cheaper, but they never seem to be. The colors i enjoy are always the most expensive too.:):(

11:12 PM  
Blogger Jessica Moreau Berry said...

my paint brushes are definetly my favorite! Next would be my hand sander.

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home