{love, joleen} the blog -->

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

yum!

vday dinner
Truth be told, I've cooked our dinner approximately 4 times in the three and a half years we've been together. Needless to say, it's a big deal when I actually plan to do this -which was what I set out to do yesterday. I even made a special trip to the grocery store to pick up our favorites: fresh salmon, green beans, and potatoes. I had intended to cook it all myself but what ended up happening was so much better. Alex and I cooked dinner together! I've discovered that, although I don't necessarily enjoy cooking alone, I love cooking with other people, especially my husband. It's actually fun! We didn't have any wine but we had a really great champagne. So we opened the bottle and drank yummy champagne as we cooked. Oh, and we ate dessert at this time too (before dinner!)- raspberry yogurt with coolwhip- yum! Alex bought me a beautiful (& fun!) pair of earrings and a dangly beaded bracelet. :) We had a "no computer" rule last night and enjoyed vegging in front of the tube, watching a couple favorites we'd dvr'd. It was really a great evening. Hope you all had a great time too! xo

6 Comments:

Blogger kelly barton art + design said...

we did the same thing last nite.
i made dinner for the "full-timers"
last nite. my husband, and our best friends. we fed the kids early and we stood in the kitchen
and drank some beer while i cooked.
it was a beautiful evening....

nice job on the "no computer" we
have to do that from time to time
as well

10:19 AM  
Blogger aunt kim said...

What fun...I always enjoy when Aaron helps me out (especially with the barbeque) but lately I have been a little hooked on Food Network. Can I just say that I adore Rachael Ray. I have been cooking all kinds of things lately and for the most part the family enjoys eating it! :) I made a chocolate bundt cake with homemade icing and fresh strawberries. It was sooo pretty and yummy too! Thanks for sharing your evening with us!

1:31 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

sounds fantastic
and
now i'm craving green beans
teehee
:)

3:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

me too! i always say i like cooking in theory because i love food and i love reading recipes. but actually cooking is a chore unless it´s a group project. :)

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was me above. for some reason it won´t let me enter my info.
risa
muertoderisa.typepad.com

9:11 AM  
Blogger Simply Me said...

OOH I Love fresh "snap" green beans and red potatoes! I enjoy cooking and I guess for some I have the best of both world's. When my husband is in Oregon I "veg out". When he comes home and when I cook, my husband totally cleans the kitchen! To me that is the best part of cooking....I cook.....he cleans.
Blessings,
Grams

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home