{love, joleen} the blog -->

Thursday, February 16, 2006

fairytale

fairytale
This photograph reminds me of a fairytale. I am not exactly sure why but my first thought is Alice in Wonderland. Nonetheless, I really like it. :) Her first pigtails. I'm sorry that I'm always having to tell you I'm a nanny like it's the first time but I always have new readers and don't mean to confuse them on their visit. What I haven't told you is that this wee one's Mommy is having a baby. Next Thursday. So many feelings and nerves- I've never had this type of relationship with someone having a baby that would effect my life in the way it will. I didn't start working for them until Carmen was 3 months old. In a way it sort of feels like I'm having a baby next week- which I know sounds odd- but I spend so much time with them. I'm feeling a bit anxious- not knowing what to expect- how he'll be, how Carmen will react, what my responsibilities will be, will I love him like I love Carmen? The last point is where I really differ from the parents. As parents I'm sure they already love the baby- already have a connection. I don't have that. He's going to be new to me and it's a honestly a little frightening. Wow, next week! Eeee!

1 Comments:

Blogger Simply Me said...

Hey Sweetie. I put myself in your heart and emotionally the only child you have known in this family is Carmen. I totally understand your feelings of anxiety regarding the upcoming birth of your friends/employer's newborn. You have put your soul, heart and total emotions into caring for this precious little gem and NOW here comes a "diamond in the rough". Include Carmen in all phases of communication with the new arrival and she will feel like a "big sister" in no time. Good luck and take it one day at a time!
Blessings,
Grams

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home