{love, joleen} the blog -->

Sunday, February 05, 2006

the color of DREAMS

I sorted all of the pages for the {vintage valentine} chunky book this afternoon. They will be dropped off at the binders tomorrow after work. We have one set of pages that are MIA and were sent with more than enough time to get here on time. It is for this reason that I am holding off until tomorrow. I hope they come tomorrow!! I feel so bad knowing how much work it takes to create a set of pages. If they come tomorrow I will add them to the sets and then drop 'em all off. We only had two flakes that I haven't heard from so that's pretty "good" with this amount of players.
the color of dreams
I needed to get my hands messy tonight and so created the above art journal page. :) I wanted to play with color and texture and feel I have achieved that in this piece. I used acrylic paint and water soluble oil pastels for the background colors. These are my most favorite shades of color (along with aqua). It's just so vibrant and instantly made me think "the color of dreams". For texture I applied paper, with beautiful silver thread, that I painted to match the background. The wing is a transparency attached with a brad, allowing it to move up and down. That's Alex's favorite part. Hee :)

1 Comments:

Blogger gkgirl said...

that color is utterly amazing...

5:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home