{love, joleen} the blog -->

Saturday, February 04, 2006

{portals zine}

Alex's flight from FL to TX was late causing him to miss his connecting flight here (CA) but he just called me to say he's landed and will be home in a half hour. Yay! Heather is AFK (computer talk for "away from keyboard") this weekend visiting a friend. I worked today but got to watch the kiddo from my own home, which I always find easier. I'm able to do more of my own thing when she's napping.

I've been working on the zine today. The new banner is the altered photo of myself I created for my bio. It's from August 2004 but I really like it. Hmm, wonder if I should do that to my hair again..? After seeing Teesha Moore's latest issue of Art & Life I thought it would be fun for us to handwrite our bios. So, today I wrote mine. I tried to work on the cover but I just wasn't feeling inspired so I had to put it away for now. We still have so much to do and it's due to release next month! Eep.

How can you help? We're still in need of "Portals" themed artwork!! If you've created something or want to create something to submit, please have it to us by Feb. 15th.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE your new banner! You look so cute there. :) And before I even read what you wrote I looked at your hair and thought, hmmm I wonder if I should do my hair like that... hahahaha

5:36 AM  
Blogger aunt kim said...

Yes Joleen, you got my vote too! Glad to hear your hubby is home :)

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home