{love, joleen} the blog -->

Monday, May 15, 2006

no title.

may-15
ew. i hate myself from this angle. i'm having a lot of self-loathing lately when it comes to my appearances. you'd never know it by this challenge to photograph (and post!) myself daily but i am incredibly self-conscious. i'm usually very quiet + shy until i really get to know a person (then it's a whole 'nother story). i always hated giving presentations in class, even though i did very well. i don't like to be around a lot of people, especially when they're looking at me. i feel like they're noticing my massive arms, my stretchmarks, my ever growing chubby cheeks. yes, i know i look like i'm 17. no it doesn't help to say, "well that'll be great when you're older!" i know i can do something about it. i know i can eat much healthier and move my ass from time to time. i know i'm going to 'turn into a pizza'. i feel stuck. it's all part of IT. the Funk.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You shine. And you're as shiny on the inside as you are on the out and that's quite a package to boast about!
But I know, we all go through this I think, no matter who we are...
Just keep being you the best you can!

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brave, talented, lovely, pinchable (you know the boys love that:), loving, friendly, thoughtful, imaginative, innovative.
:)

9:27 PM  
Blogger Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

Joleen, I know that no one can make you feel differently about how you look other than yourself. We have talked about how you sometimes feel depressed and how that is something we have in common. I am here to tell you that that sure doesn't help especially when it comes to DOING SOMETHING. I know you are working thru all your shit, and all I can say is .. "this too shall pass." You know I love you!

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home