{love, joleen} the blog -->

Friday, May 12, 2006

{beauty}

Thanks for all the positive feedback on my changed look. It's like when you clean your house and you sit down to enjoy it. It was my way of clearing my mind a bit. Starting new-ish with a crisp, white, blank slate.

Today has been a busy but good day. Last minute Mother's Day gifts (ack); Last minute embellishing; Lunch with my husband; Trip to the post stop. Tonight I have a date with my best friend, Candice. Dinner and a movie, just us girls. Yay! :)

My self portrait today was fun. I played a bit with my lighting and used our tripod. Believe it or not, I've never even used it until the party. I am trying to learn some new things. I really liked how this photograph turned out but notice my awful posture. Alex says I'm going to be one of those hunched over hump old ladies. Eep. More self portraits for the {month of moi} here.
may-12
I am so excited because today I recieved the most fabulous art piece. It's called Isobel #2 and I purchased it from Emily of The Black Apple. She has the most wonderful items + artwork in her shop. I hope to add much more of it to my collection. :) It was packaged well and the shipping was fast! I immediately framed it and put it on my wall, which you can see here. Thanks, Emily! I ♥ it!
isobel #2
I've spent the last couple of days looking for beautiful and inspiring images- mainly artwork and photographs. Here is a mosaic I created using beautiful images I found on flickr. I've been thinking about "beauty" a lot and what it means to me. I love that the concept of beauty is a personal one ("beauty is in the eye of the beholder"). It's my own and no one else's and when we concur it can be all the more magical. I relate beauty to peace and I need more of both in my life right now.
beauty

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohhhhh...Joleen!
Something about this post made me tear up a little. And it isn't just your loving of your new little Isobel! Maybe it was your thoughts on beauty...or that incredible mosaic.
I am so happy that you like her & me.

(We both like you, too.)
xo,
e

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your 'month of moi' idea, i may try it out next month. Gorgeous piece of art, i have been admiring Emily's work for some time now.

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have some Black Apple prints too! I LOVE her style, it's so innocent and lovely. I enjoy your photo collages, you have such an eye for color and balance. :)

10:35 PM  
Blogger Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

You forgot to post that Emily is going to have some goodies in the next PORTALS too!

Hope you had a fun date with your girlie. Missed ya today.

12:48 AM  
Blogger Chrissie Grace said...

Hi Joleen
I love your mosaic of pictures, so refreshing.
I want to send you your package, can you send me your info?
I love my new blog. It's really made me want to post a lot more.
:):):)
Chrissie

4:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the new look Joleeen!

7:11 AM  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

i like this idea of the new look as a clearing of the mind in some ways.
i continue to love your month of moi...
wish i was closer so we could do yoga together...open up that upper back a bit. my posture has changed a lot since i started my yoga practice, but i admit to slouching whenever i sit at my desktop. my back hates my desktop.
and thanks for introducing me to emily's work. fantastic fun!

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home