{love, joleen} the blog -->

Thursday, May 11, 2006

{looking for good}

today isn't really any better than yesterday. actually, it started off much worse. i'm not trying to wallow but i think sometimes i't's okay to have a bad day. sometimes people are too quick to try and "fix" things or to say chin up when i just want to have a good cry. i need the bad days, too, to deal with some of the things i've been through or am going through now. besides the usual, my charge has shifted to full on two-year-old behavior. she's hit me for the first and second time out of anger, this week. she's started undressing herself which resulted in a freshly bathed babe, waking up with no pants or diaper on, laying in a pool of her own pee. ew. just dealing with those "normal" things and so much more. i've decided i need to start talking about these things, and caring just a little less about who reads. this is MY space and i have the right to share with friends. *sigh* ok! changing gears here...

i want to post some "happy" things in hopes to help me out of my funk. i think i've become a bit obsessed with carving my own stamps! there are more here, here, and here. and speaking of stamps- our winner of the contest is nienke of red colander!

please email me at joleenieweenie AT hotmail DOT com for your prize! (i'm still keeping it under wraps until she recieves it!) this is going to be like the world's longest post because i want to show you some things that make me happy. you can view more here.
happiness
my camera battery is dead so i'm not sure i'll get in my self portrait today. just in case i don't, here is one i took of me and alex a few days ago. i love this man.
me + alex

8 Comments:

Blogger trudesign said...

What a cute photo of you 2! I really like seeing your flickr favorites too. Sometimes you just need to have bad days in order for there to be good ones!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

Cute picture of you and your sweetie :) I can totally relate to the 2 year old mayhem!! I have one running around here too!! WOO the insanity of it all!!! I'll never be sane again!! LOL

3:15 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

the two year old classic behavior...
heehee...
i can totally relate seeing as how
i am a fellow childcare provider...
:)

and that collage...
wow...
that was cool and sweet and beautiful.
:)

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A cute photo of you both! I am sorry to hear that things are just kind of not-so-great for the last two days. I hope you find whatever will help.

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh dear! Cry as long as you want...All the thumbs are gorgeous! I've got to figure out (ask you) how to do that sometime.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Funky Finds said...

I love all the stamps you've carved. Do you know of a good tutorial I could read on how to do this? Thanks!

7:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending lots of hugs and good vibes your way so that your days get better. Love the thumbnails of things that make you happy and the pic of you and Alex is so adorable.

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I haven't been around much to notice that you were going through some rough times. I've been some of my own and it's left me with little time to read blogs. I can relate to those days with willful two-year-olds. I used to be a nanny as well and the interactions with the children can certainly be stressful at times making the rest of the day also feel stressy and less than successful. ((hugs))

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home