{love, joleen} the blog -->

Friday, July 28, 2006

da da dum

studio
I didn't really mean to be absent for a week.. it was actually kind of an unintentional blogging break. I actually sat down to blog a couple times but was at a loss for words. Joleen? At a loss for words? I know. I'm not in a funk but I am a bit uninspired. I haven't taken a single photograph in about two weeks. I don't feel inspired by hot, muggy, brown, ugly, dirt. I do think there are beautiful things here but there are only so many times I can photograph the same fuschia flowers.

I lost 2 lbs. my first week back on Weight Watchers. It's not a lot but it's a healthy amount. There were definitely things I could do differently which I've begun implimenting this second week. (My WW weeks go Thursday to Wednesday). I've been drinking a TON of water, which I've actually always been pretty good at but now I'm trying to be better. I've started exercising a bit and will start going to Jazzercise again. I always had fun with that and maybe I'll make a friend through it. I found a class which is really close to my house so that's even better.

It's been a hot and HUMID week but today it's supposed to cap at about 100. I can deal with that. I even took the kidlets for a walk this morning and we're talking about an afternoon swim. I know, you would think a swim could be refreshing, but it's not really when the water is 90 degrees.

Yesterday C turned 2 and tomorrow is her birthday party. Maybe I'll post photos from that. :)

PS- The photo above has nothing to do with this post but I thought it would make it less boring. It's of my studio, which coincidently I've also not stepped in for about two weeks.

12 Comments:

Blogger aunt kim said...

Welcome back and many many congrats on your WW success. I personally think 2 lbs is a healthy way to reach your goals. Are you doing the points or the core? Anyway, I agree with you about the lack of inspiration with this unbearable weather. Though it's not near as hot here the lack of central air plus the fact that I received a $300.00 electric bill (which is double for than last years)doesn't make for any fun times in this house.

Looking forward to camping next week. Have fun at 'C's party!

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back...I was just thinking it had been a while since you posted!

It's hot here, too (over 100 most days). I'm so ready for fall, but I'd even settle for a good downpour at this point.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

fun magnetic board. I wish I had wall space in my studio for inspiration noards but you know what a weird layout I have...

Glad to see you back on the blog..
xo

1:18 PM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

I am glad you are back and I must say -- the photos you post of your home are always so bright and cheery! Love it.

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your studio looks so fun! I love the big magent board!

And congrats on your 2 lbs! Kepp going! (I've got to jump back on that wagon)

2:43 PM  
Blogger Lelainia N. Lloyd said...

I know what you mean about being uninspired. LOTS of my artsy friends are having that prob-I just had it too. I was in a pretty good (or is that bad?!?!) Funk. Just too much going on and too much HEAT on top of it all. Heat always makes me miserable.

It is what it is!

3:28 PM  
Blogger Nichole said...

I love your studio pictures! Don't ever apologize for posting them again!

Looking forward to pictures of the party. We're preparing to throw E's first birthday party and it's going to be interesting to experience. I've never thrown a party before!

5:26 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

i'm glad to hear that everything is ok,
if still humid and hot...
i love the photo of your studio.
:)

6:08 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

I always love to read your posts.
The summer is fast and fleeting.
Blessings to you~
Jeanne

6:51 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Yay for the 2 pounds!! My sis and I went to Jazzercise classes together when we were younger, it was pretty fun.

8:13 PM  
Blogger stefani said...

Way to go on your 2 lb loss your first week back. :)

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo on the 2lbs. Being ww inductee myself I know that 2lbs is 2LBS! The studio is beautiful..looks like an inspiring place to work from. Happy 2nd birthday to your little one too..I hope it's a wonderful one :)

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home