{love, joleen} the blog -->

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Where I'm At

Thanks for all of your compliments on the embroidery. I'm on a roll now (on my forth design). To answer your question the design is part of a "kit" called Divine Style- Savvy Stitches which I found at Michaels. You can find other designs here. Also, last night we went to the library where I checked out the book, "Embroidery: Techniques & Patterns" by Marie- Noelle Bayard. It's a good book for teaching you the various stitches and there is a great visual index in the back for easy reference.

So, I guess you can see that I didn't end up doing the week-long shape challenge afterall. I'm sorry if I've let anyone down but this is just not where I am at right now. I am really trying to a better, more well rounded person. This has involved much more quality time with my husband- cooking for each other, making a date out of visiting the library and grocery shopping, watching t.v. shows on dvd thanks to netflix, good conversation. Yesterday we decided to stop putting off our weight and health until "tomorrow". We checked out a couple healthy eating cookbooks, made ourselves a menu and headed to the grocery store with an actual list. Today we signed up for Weight Watchers online. The only meeting place nearby only meets at 8 am on Sat. and I know Alex isn't getting up for that. lol. I am very happy to be doing this again and am feeling hopeful. This is the perfect way for us to honor + celebrate ourselves and eachother.. today, our 4th anniversary together.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joleen....happy anniversay to you and Alex. Hope you have a beautiful, wonderful and joyous day filled with love :0)

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually, I hope you two have those joyous days everyday :0)

2:15 PM  
Blogger Bridget M. said...

My God, you're so beautiful. I come here and just smile and smile and visit far too many times a day and every time I try to comment I feel dumb and unworthy.

So let me just say Happy Anniversary to you and Alex, may you have many beautiful, loving, romantic and healthy years together. Keep doing whatever you're doing. XO All my love.

2:32 PM  
Blogger aunt kim said...

Yeah for you and Alex!!!!! I am so glad that you are doing something for you and your health. I have really enjoyed Weight Watchers...listening to the success stories, cooking tips and most of all watching (slowly) the pounds come off. I am not following the plan by any means, I have just made better decisions (sometimes) and cut portion size. My biggest challenge? Drinking water. I have not ever been a water drinker so this to me has been the biggest obstacle.

Four years huh? Wow, time sure does fly by!

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry your sweet and pretty little head over the shapes thing my "DEAR".
It's all good!

~naomi~

2:51 PM  
Blogger edina said...

Congratulations and have a wonderful time celebrating your anniversary! Love your embroidery - I just got a book I ordered sight unseen called The New Crewel. I thought crewel was a fancy word for regular embroidery, not a special kind using wool and linen. But it has some cool designs in it just the same - I'll post about it next week. After I finish my pink & orange fatbook page!

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy anniversary! lovely to read of your commitment to yourselves and each other =)

6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy anniversary sweetie!

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Silly me, I just bought that same kit and didn't realize that's what yours was. Must go crack mine open and begin right away!

Congratulations on all the things you are doing for health and happiness. My husband and I started Nutrisystem last year and it feels great. Happy Anniversary!

11:46 PM  
Blogger Ms. Spinach said...

i'll still do shapes week again anytime! (i was particularly proud of my heart photos, i have to say. and kind of perfect for anniversaries, no?)

12:22 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Happy Anniversary!! What a great way to start a new year together!! I had someone in line behind me at the grocery store complement me on my healthy choices yesterday and it made my day. I didn't even think half the stuff I had was that healthly, but just that compliment alone made me want to eat healthier.

12:49 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

i love the embroidery,
it is beautiful.
and i so hear you about
wanting to eat healthier
and become more well rounded...
its a great goal
and i'm inspired..

5:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh Joleen dear, enjoy your life :) Doesnt matter if we wait dyas weeks or months for you to post :)

6:43 PM  
Blogger thebutterflycollector said...

weight watchers is great online, they give you lots of healthy recipes and I've just discovered WATER!, I feel wonderful now I am drinking heaps every day, you must try this!!! Just drink water instead of anything else and take a look at your skin in a week's time...amazing!, and it makes you so alert too!Who knew? I should have done this years ago! Happy Anniversary too!

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home