{love, joleen} the blog -->

Friday, July 07, 2006

{dear joleen}


i got the idea to create this blog when i was emptying my storage unit for the first time in many years. in fact, many of the boxes had been shuffled from home to home without so much as being opened. shame on me, i know. in one particular, rather large, box i found hundreds of letters and cards addressed to yours truly. yes, i'm one of those. i'm one of those people who saves handwritten notes, letters, and greeting cards- and i've had countless penpals over the years. i've finally gotten to the point (thank goodness!) that i can throw away some little papers but it just takes me a while. i like to keep little plastic drawers full of these notes... and hand addressed envelopes even. what's wrong with me? hah! but honestly, i was quite thrilled with what i found- reading them has provided me great entertainment and i hope it does for you as well.

i don't know about you but i love reading random letters. i even have a book dedicated to long lost love letters. i think they prove to be just as important as journaling, in documenting one's life. {dear joleen} is a blog in which i will showcase one letter a day for as long as it takes me to get through them all.. or until i get bored; whichever comes first. i will provide you with little to no additional information regarding the letter. many of them have dates but some do not. you should be able to tell our approximate age range by the skill of the writer + the topic. these will not be posted consecutively and i will not post letters from anyone in which i still have a relationship with. it is not my goal to embarrass anyone so last names will not be provided. i hope these letter bring you much enjoyment!

ps- thanks aimee for the positive feedback while i was brainstorming this idea. :)

6 Comments:

Blogger dogfaeriex5 said...

i also save ala joleen way.i love reading old letters no matter whose they are...it is like you are sneaking behind close doors or into the secret closet and being bad...love the idea and coannot wait to add other blog to my fav list!!!
~k

8:34 AM  
Blogger Nichole said...

I have notes saved from middle school!

Now that I'm passionate about collage and paper craft I think I'll incorporate them in some work!

I love this idea, by the way, and look forward to reading the first letter!

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joleen - I love this! I've been thinking a lot lately about how to create a special place for all of my notes and baubles and such. I was thinking about trying to put mine in the best chronological order that I could and bind them into a big girly anthology of notes - hehehehe. Hope you're doing well! <3 Sarah

11:28 AM  
Blogger Birds of a Feather said...

ooh! love letters - that's a wonderful summer obsession, can't wait to read! you've inspired me to dig through old boxes, i'm missing so many things, and we moved 5 yrs ago, so there are really NO more excuses. can't wait to see what i unearth. i love re-visiting my old love letters and special notes, they are so uplifting. i married my high school sweetheart - so those are private, but i do have a few others that make me giggle.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

I love this idea, Joleen! Oh, this is such a great idea!!!! So much fun to read!

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great idea. How fun!

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home