{love, joleen} the blog -->

Sunday, July 02, 2006

{reprieve}

{july bday party}
today was a nice break from the weekend woes- with our july family birthday party. if you're new here, every month my extended family gathers for a joint birthday party. i have a really close knit family and we're all very busy and spread out, so it's really nice to get together... even if it isn't always the most convienent. ;) today was all about the pool and yummy food. we took C with us and she had a blast... and we came home with another extra (Sarah). she's going to stay with us for the week and she's quite thrilled about it. she shares her birthday with C at the end of the month and hers was celebrated at today's party so although her trip to the desert was spur of the moment, she had a couple pairs of clothes, some $ + giftcards, and permission to come back altered. ;) she wants to dye her hair so sometime this week that'll happen. dun dun dun dun...

thanks for all the kind words regarding yesterday's post. i cannot believe how many people this happens to. it's really appalling and quite frankly, ridiculous. moki hit it on the nail when she asked, "wouldn't you rather they just knocked on the door and said "hey, I want your ipod...should I break the window are you just going to get it for me?" i said the very same thing to alex. instead of just costing $300 to replace the dang thing we now have to pay for the window, possibly the door lock on that side.. plus i'm all paranoid now. here's the thing i realized after i blogged yesterday- i was upset the night before and came in the house without grabbing my wallet.. so the wallet and ipod were just too much of a temptation i guess. i spent yesterday at the bank changing my account and on the phone with my CC company. the thief went straight to the gas station and filled up (ugh!) but that can be disputed. AMEX is pretty good about things like that. I just have to go to the DMV sometime this week to change my number (double ugh)... so really I could care less about the damn ipod.. all the trouble this has caused + having to learn all these new numbers is really the pain. just about as bad as being towed from my own driveway.. twice. lol

7 Comments:

Blogger Dreamer said...

Joleen,
I'm glad you got to spend time with your family and have a goodtime. God knows you deserve it! :) Thanks for your help with PS!

12:08 AM  
Blogger kelly barton art + design said...

mean people stink! it just amazes me what one will do to get what they want.

happy monday!

6:54 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

yay for good times with the family.

boo for the ipod thief
and the extra hassle..

10:52 AM  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

oh that is crappy my dear (the wallet and ipod...not your nice day by the pool).
we had our car broken into twice (the night after we had the window fixed they did it again), but we were lucky that the only thing they took was everything from the glove box - and because I had to use my registration etc. for the insurance from the first time it wasn't in there we think they were trying to steal the car though which is not the case in your situation! Anyway, my point is that it does feel very violating I know. But don't let them win. You are far above all of that. Still, doesn't mean the hassle isn't a pain in the booty.

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crap, bum, shit. Big hugs to you. Feels crappy I know.

12:16 AM  
Blogger aunt kim said...

It was a great day indeed!!!! Thanks a bunches for my wonderful art! It's beautiful :)

p.s. thanks for not posting any pics of me in my suit!! We wouldn't want to scare off any of your viewers (lol)

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely photo - makes me want to dive in! i hope all has improved tenfold! xoxo

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home