{love, joleen} the blog -->

Friday, July 07, 2006

{facing forward}

{facing forward}
today i was inspired by something my sister wrote about moving away from a "self-indulgent state of defeat". what a wake up call that was, as my blog (and life) have become a bit of a woe is me. i thought i was looking at the bright side and was surprised at how well (in my opinion) i handled the break in. i didn't cry once.. ok well maybe once but it was for about 10 seconds i swear. i had a phone conversation with my mother in law who gave me some wonderful advice about willing goodwill + positive thinking and really, it's helped so much. thank you, kellee. i have had an excellent week. a beautiful week. i even found myself thinking, "wow, friday already?"

yesterday i took the girls for pizza and kiddy rides where a kid can be a kid and it was actually pretty fun! C is obsessed with the little merry go round and spent most of the time on it and screaming until another token could be dropped in. last night our bosses surprised alex with an anniversary cake and the yummiest champagne- to celebrate his year with their company. then he and B (C + V's dad) went to the indoor golf course for a few hours of fun. I don't know if it was the heat or the fact that it's been a few months but we were all immediately a bit tipsy. that's some good champagne. ha! sarah + i hung around here with the girls (and baby V) and watched cheesy hollywood gossip t.v. it was really a nice evening and a pleasant surprise. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Blogging Masterclass said...

i love love love your new banner!!!

12:21 PM  
Blogger aunt kim said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. So hard to believe it's been a whole year for Alex, wow time flies. I think Aimee's blog inspired more than just a few. Definitely words of wisdom :)

2:11 PM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

I believe in willing good will too. I am glad to hear your time in La Quinta is looking up!

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home