{love, joleen} the blog -->

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

And it begins...

pocket
This year I am finally going to do it. I'm going to make every Christmas gift I possibly can (extended family guys are hard). Yesterday I wrote out my list of 'who' and have been jotting down notes + ideas for each individual. I was bouncing off ideas with Moki, who also wants to make her gifts and who has started a great flickr group: Holiday Gift Ideas DIY. Since I'm doing the searching and compiling of ideas anyway I thought I would share some of my findings here. I hope you find these links useful. I'd love to hear/read/see your ideas or links to other nifty handmade items for kids. The following ideas are for the babies + toddlers in your life:
wall pocket (pictured above)
stuffed toy
travel lunch set
fabric memory book
story telling tape/cd
quiet book or busy book
felt board
memory quilt
patchwork baby bib

8 Comments:

Blogger Mama Urchin said...

I'm really trying to make or buy handmade gifts this Christmas too. Thanks for the tip on the flickr pool.

6:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, love all the adorable gift ideas! That is very admirable of you to make all your gifts this year. Can't wait to see what you make!

9:13 AM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

You read my mind. I've already started working on my holiday sewing and this is at the top of the list! Thank you for sharing what you are working on.

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Genius- I have been thinking actually the same thing because the high holy days are here. So it automatically makes me think- oh my, gift giving is almost here!! The links are perfect, and the flickr group idea is genius, already joined ;)

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, great idea for a Flickr group - I'll have to join. I actually just did some Christmas crafting today!

6:35 PM  
Blogger Nichole said...

I loved all these ideas, especially the wall pockets. It looks so charming hanging from the iron bed.

I plan to make most of my cards by hand this year, and am completing pages for brag books for Eleana's grandmas and great grandma. As far as hand making anything else...who knows?!

Good luck on your endeavor!

9:29 AM  
Blogger stefani said...

Thanks for the links.

I usually try to make my gifts but usually give up and end up buying them. Some people (read: inlaws) also just do not like handmade gifts. But I am on a quest to MAKE them like them. LOL!

2:08 AM  
Blogger syko kajsa said...

You are so ambitious! I haven't got a single one ready yet this year. Lovely stuff you have chosen! Good luck with your projects!

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home