{love, joleen} the blog -->

Monday, November 27, 2006

and a thank you!!

well, i never did get that tablecloth or do much else saturday but be sick. after i decorated the table i abandoned all other holiday decor. i slept nearly all day and felt ill the rest. i thought i was just in a funk like the previous week and that i just needed to get out of it. it didn't even dawn on me that the baby (my charge) being sick the previous day could have been passed on to me. i assumed he was sick because he got a sampling of thanksgiving dinner and his little tummy wasn't used to that kind of food. it turns out i got the flu. everyone in the family i work for got the flu and i'm probably the one that passed it on to my aunt kim. (soooo sorry!) so needless to say, i was sick, sick, sick on saturday night. lost three lbs. that day, i did. lol

even though i wasn't feeling 100% on sunday, i felt well enough to go on with my plans. a regularly 1.5 hr. drive to my sister's took three, and i hadn't allowed that kind of time to pick her up. we made it to the pantages theatre in hollywood about 30 minutes after the lion king started. it was really very good. the costumes are amazing! this whole night had been planned for my aunt (down to where we ate dinner!) and i feel really bad that she missed it. :( if you do end up going, i know two girls (who missed the birth of simba- ha!) that would love to accompany you. ;) by the time we got back to her place i wasn't feeling up to the long drive home so she was gracious enough to have me over (thank you!). this morning i drove home and slept for the next 6 hours! whoa.
the lion king
basically i've spent the last two days sleeping. the aches and fever are gone and so is the migraine. i still feel a little bit nauseated and am taking tomorrow off to 'finish' getting healthy. the last thing we need is for me to get the babies sick again or vice versa. then the vicious circle starts all over again.

anyway, onto the thank you! today is my second blogiversary with {love, joleen}! i just wanted to take a brief moment and thank you for reading, for commenting, for your encouragement, love, friendship, and support.

ps- all my feeds seem to be working again- thank goodness!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You poor gal! I hope you are all better quick! ;)

5:35 AM  
Blogger Lora said...

Feel better soon!!!
You asked about potty training on my blog...we use suckers as a prize because Nate Loves them!! My brother has a son he's potty training and he loves Matchbox cars, so that's his prize. Find something they like a lot that you can get in bulk. Stickers, Smarties, stuff from a $1 store

6:28 AM  
Blogger aunt kim said...

Feeling better yet? I am! (thankfully) Life plays cruel tricks on me sometimes :) Glad you all enjoyed what you did see of the play...maybe next time!

Take care of yourself :)

p.s. your decorations look great!

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh ick. The flu is no fun. Hope you are feeling better soon. :)

7:19 AM  
Blogger Geek+Nerd said...

Feel better girl! And happy bloggiversary! Your blog was one of the first that I ever started reading and it feels so long ago I don't even remember how I found it! Now I have 140 something feeds that I read, but yours is still one of my favorites. I am so happy to call you a long distance friend sweetie - we haven't chatted in such a long time! Cheers, Sarah

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! I hope everything is on the mend!

11:36 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

happy two years to you!
:)

5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home