{love, joleen} the blog -->

Thursday, December 07, 2006

just some bits of randomness


♥ Last night I created a new mini art journal in honor of the Kim family. It's 4.5 x 6 canvas paper that I spiral bound. I titled it "Treasure Life" and each day until it's full I plan to document something I was grateful for that day. A physical reminder to live + cherish life.
Just started reading up on unschooling, after first hearing the term from Amanda and again from "BellaBlue". I am completely intrigued.
Portals Zine Issue #4 FIBERS is now up for pre-order. Please wait on Intl' orders as there has been a mistake in pricing and we need to get that remedied. Thanks!
I am a third of the way through Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith that I started this morning and am soaking in every word of it.
Wanna meet this weekend? I will be at the Felt Club on Saturday perusing about. I've also arranged a Blythe Meet on Sunday in Japantown (Los Angeles). You can find all the information for it at that forum thread. Email me if you're coming to either so we can make arrangements to meet up! :)
Christmas Cards are on SALE this weekend Fri. - Sun. FREE shipping if you order two or more sets! Each set is on sale for $10 through the weekend. All orders will be shipped Monday.

8 Comments:

Blogger Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

The Portals button is fixed. It had the right pricing in PayPal I just spaced when adding it to the site. Order away!

11:59 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

...beautiful photo...
Makes me miss the bloomin' as I sit here huddled in my house with a foot of snow outdoors with more to come today..Temps in the teens.
Brrrrrrr!

5:29 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

i think that after christmas
i am going to pick up
a tree grows in brooklyn
and read it again...
i read it in grade eleven
and remember that i loved it
enough that i made 100%
on the exam that followed it,
but don't remember much else
about it...
thanks for the reminder

6:34 AM  
Blogger aunt kim said...

I heard about 'unschooling' on Dr. Phil...I personally have to give it a thumbs down, but hey, what works for some doesn't always work for all!

I think your project is a great idea! We all need to focus on whats important in life and cherish every single day. We will never know when it is our last. I too was very affected with the 'Kim's' story. He was a very couragous man to do what he did.

Have a fun weekend!!

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your photo is beautiful, its lovely how you've honored James Kim and his family. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn is one of my favorite books, did you know its a movie? (not sure from when, may be black and white).

7:05 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

I love that first idea!! and that photo is so pretty.

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

joleen, thanks for visiting my blog! i have been reading (or lurking...) yours for several months now, and i was tickled pink to see that you had stopped by mine.
i am so inspired by your creativity!!

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is one of my very favorite books. :)

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home