{love, joleen} the blog -->

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

holiday traditions

i'm not sure how long my mom has had this doll, but for as long as i remember she's been a part of our holiday decor. given my affinity to dolls, it was no surprise that i looked for her to go up every year. she's so beautiful- down to the every last detail (i just love the holly + berries, don't you?). (you can view here in her entirety here.) a couple of years ago i was completely tickled when my mom gave her to me along with some tree ornaments from my childhood. my mother in law very thoughtfully gave us some of alex's childhood ornaments as well and we now proudly display these collections each year.

do you have any traditions like this? any "decoration" of sentimental value?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I unfortunately do not have anything from my own childhood. (My Mom was just not that sentimental) However, for my own girls, I have been collecting them a new ornament every year, usually something to do with their interests from the year and when they have their own family, I will pass all of those ornaments to them. I date each ornament and sign each box, "love, Momma". I'm hoping that they will cherish and treasure those as you do the things from you Mom. I think that is wonderful that she has given you such a wonderful link to your past!

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my mom made a really beautiful advent calendar before i was born, and that's really the thing i equate with christmastime. i wish i had photos of it! maybe i will ask her to take some.

x.

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home