{love, joleen} the blog -->

Monday, December 11, 2006

socal dolly meet

socal dolly meet mosaic
whoa- what a turnout! the socal dolly meet on sunday was a huge success. i believe there were 19 of us there and something like 54 dolls? wow. in that big group shot at the top there are 50 girls and i know some didn't make it in. this being my first meet, it was interesting to see how people were about their girls. let me tell you every single dolly there was dressed to the nines (whatever the heck that saying really means! lol). i was feelin' some dolly insecurities for sure. ha! anyway, here are a few of my favorite shots of the day. the girl in the middle right photo with white mohair and yellow glasses- swoon! it took everything i had not to try to hide her in my bag. ;) it was love for sure. unfortunately, because it was so overcast, i have a ton of blurry shots- including all my individual shots of her. boo. anyway you can see a few more the rest of my photographs from the meet here. the photo below cracks me up. recognize darina? i feel like she was thinking, "are you sure about this??"
socal dolly meet

3 Comments:

Blogger Nichole said...

Your Blythe photos are always beautiful! I'm overwhelmed by all the dolls there. You have no idea how many hours I've spent pretending to shop for Blythe, picking out my favorites.

I can't bring myself to buy one. She would probably be severely neglected...and I can't sew her new stylin clothes anyway. :(

So, I live vicariously through you and others for now.

BUT I do remember when I was about 13, and outgrowing my Barbie dolls. Rather than "play" with them, I mix and matched outfits, hair styles, etc, and took pictures of them when I got my first real camera. I'm sure that photo developer wasn't sure what to think of my pictures!

6:47 AM  
Blogger Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

How fun. Too bad I couldn't have made it down. You have encouraged me to stop neglecting my 2 girls but their new clothes will have to wait til after the holidaze....

9:15 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

the photos are great. i love the little outfits - its easy to get lost in that world:)

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home