{love, joleen} the blog -->

Friday, January 05, 2007

our lazy morning

our lazy morning
{here it is larger}


thank you so much for your feedback in the previous post. i have to say it proved something to me; and that is "your clients are going to like different things, for different reasons". it's not as though i didn't think this would be the case. it's just so interesting to me when it becomes blatantly obvious. i really do love both versions of that photograph and imagine i'll end up printing them both for myself. the black and white feels classic, strong, and masculine to me, which i love. the color just pops- it's so vibrant and powerful, and that's very me. something about the background on that one isn't quite right even though the tones are the very same in the other. i don't know just what it is.

here are a couple shots from mine and spencer's lazy morning. i just love, love, love how this top one came out. it's probably my favorite photograph of him so far. this just screams his personality. i love when you look at the results of a "session" and see magic. it's astonishing to me that i can sometimes take a photo and see the subject's soul. it makes me just sit, stare, and think. :) ok, i have to run. i'm supposed to meet my walking friend in 10 min. for lunch and shopping at barnes & noble and i need to get dressed. yikes!

our lazy morning

8 Comments:

Blogger Geek+Nerd said...

<3 the pants and the puppy!

11:39 AM  
Blogger beki said...

Love that pic of your pup - the crispness, the warmth, the tones, just perfect!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

I like the black and white version.

The jammies pants portrait is cool. Love Spencer pix and this is a keeper for sure.

Please page me, we need to chat about some stuff..... Portals.. help meeeee....

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my gosh that bed looks so cozy!
Yes you are right, clients will like what they like, but more importantly...you will have a style (because creative photogs do) and people that like your style will hire you...hopefull people that dont like your style wont...because that's a nightmare! Look at Tara, not everybody is into that high contrast/key/whatever she does, but she still does ok (better than ok but thats a whole other conversation.) Do what you do and stand up for what you do! <3

5:02 PM  
Blogger j. vorwaller said...

your pjs shot is adorable! hope you had fun @ that bookstore, that sounds like fun! (mmm fraps!)

4:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

years ago, i had a brown&white pointer named joker, because he was born on april fools' day.

that picture loaded up. and so did my eyes!

so sweet. ♥

8:55 AM  
Blogger Nichole said...

Awww, your doggy is adorable.

I think I like the black and white version of your hubby, too. The color one is lovely, but the tone of the wall sort of matches his skin tone perfectly...and sort of blends in too much. His face stands out more in the b&w.

Your photographs continue to entrance and inspire me.

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love that doggy...

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home