{love, joleen} the blog -->

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

{dancin' in the rain} SPT

{dancin' in the rain} SPT
It has been raining for the past two days and I am absolutely loving it. We slept with our bedroom slider open and the heater on last night as to hear and feel the cool October weather. Finally. Just last week, temperatures were in the 90's. All of the green looks that much more vibrant and the ocean looks alive as it crashes violently onto the beach. I love to hear the cars travel through the water, disturbing the calm of it all. The falling leaves are washed away for the winter. The smell. How to describe the smell of rain? This weather makes me want to hibernate. I want to cuddle up on the couch with a nice, long novel or lock myself in my craft room to create- even if only for an hour. I love the rain, don't you? It makes me feel solid and here, even as I dance and taste those sweet raindrops- I feel so free.

More self portraits found here and here.

PS- If you'd like to link my blog I've created a small version of my new banner for you.
love-joleen-link-banner
The image source can be found here: http://static.flickr.com/25/53647805_d016a78834_o.jpg

13 Comments:

Blogger la vie en rose said...

Great series. I especially love the first pic of you dancing. I love the rain too. Sleeping in the rain is just the best...one of my all time favorite things.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Sandrine (alias Didine ♥ ) said...

Hi my dear Joleen ! I love to see you dancing in the rain !! Here in Belgium we have 10 months of rain for only two of no-rain !!!! Once again you rock me ! Your banner is so amazing ! It just rocks my socks off !!!!!!!!!! Would you like to create one for my blog ??????? Oh please, please !!! LOL !
Big hugs !

3:12 AM  
Anonymous aNgi b said...

i love it! and i LOVE overcast lighting - it's the best, isn't it?

4:22 AM  
Blogger la vie en rose said...

Love the new banner! So cool!

8:40 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

i CAN'T wait for the rain. I really like these picuters they looks so fresh and clean, I can almost smell the rain and cool air.

9:18 AM  
Blogger aunt kim said...

Love the banner Jo. I think so far it's my fav. I too really enjoy the rain, especially since I don't have to drive in it too much. I am so looking forward to using the fireplace and drinking my tea!! Oh, the life of leisure (lol)

9:20 AM  
Blogger Joleen's Mom said...

Great picture! I wish I had time to dance in the rain; I do love it too, but only if I don't have to drive in it. Scary.....
We have been sleeping with our slider open too. The down comforter makes it perfect. I think one morning I might wake up to find a popsicle where my puppy used to sleep, though! Oh My..what a thought! :/
I love this banner best. When I start my blog, I want to link to yours....and Aimee's.....and Kimmy's.....Any others I should be reading? By the way, the rain has been perfect for sneaking in a chapter or two of my new book - Goodnight Nobody! :)

10:21 AM  
Blogger Joleen's Mom said...

BTW Kim...when you discover that life of leisure...let me know. I wanna play!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

beautiful words, dear!
=]

2:15 PM  
Blogger Rhonna said...

OOOOH!!!!
I love the rain too!
Love this self documentation!
wonderfully done!
:)
R

2:40 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

really digging the image of you twirling in the rain... nice sense of motion.

1:11 PM  
Blogger joy madison said...

rain schmain! you crazy californians loving the rain:) one of my friends in college was so excited that it was raining on her wedding day! crazy girl! Love the SPT!

12:20 AM  
Anonymous Alex said...

Ahhhh you said it just started to rain here this afternoon big drops. Soft wet. Its so great.

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home