{love, joleen} the blog -->

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

{dancin' in the rain} SPT

{dancin' in the rain} SPT
It has been raining for the past two days and I am absolutely loving it. We slept with our bedroom slider open and the heater on last night as to hear and feel the cool October weather. Finally. Just last week, temperatures were in the 90's. All of the green looks that much more vibrant and the ocean looks alive as it crashes violently onto the beach. I love to hear the cars travel through the water, disturbing the calm of it all. The falling leaves are washed away for the winter. The smell. How to describe the smell of rain? This weather makes me want to hibernate. I want to cuddle up on the couch with a nice, long novel or lock myself in my craft room to create- even if only for an hour. I love the rain, don't you? It makes me feel solid and here, even as I dance and taste those sweet raindrops- I feel so free.

More self portraits found here and here.

PS- If you'd like to link my blog I've created a small version of my new banner for you.
love-joleen-link-banner
The image source can be found here: http://static.flickr.com/25/53647805_d016a78834_o.jpg

8 Comments:

Blogger Sandrine (alias Didine ♥ ) said...

Hi my dear Joleen ! I love to see you dancing in the rain !! Here in Belgium we have 10 months of rain for only two of no-rain !!!! Once again you rock me ! Your banner is so amazing ! It just rocks my socks off !!!!!!!!!! Would you like to create one for my blog ??????? Oh please, please !!! LOL !
Big hugs !

3:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love it! and i LOVE overcast lighting - it's the best, isn't it?

4:22 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

i CAN'T wait for the rain. I really like these picuters they looks so fresh and clean, I can almost smell the rain and cool air.

9:18 AM  
Blogger aunt kim said...

Love the banner Jo. I think so far it's my fav. I too really enjoy the rain, especially since I don't have to drive in it too much. I am so looking forward to using the fireplace and drinking my tea!! Oh, the life of leisure (lol)

9:20 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

beautiful words, dear!
=]

2:15 PM  
Blogger Rhonna said...

OOOOH!!!!
I love the rain too!
Love this self documentation!
wonderfully done!
:)
R

2:40 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

really digging the image of you twirling in the rain... nice sense of motion.

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhh you said it just started to rain here this afternoon big drops. Soft wet. Its so great.

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home