{love, joleen} the blog -->

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

{old friends}

i purchased the most beautiful vintage paper pack from pam garrison the other day. it was such a lovely surprise to have my envie already waiting at my door when i got home from work. pam is amazing anyway, but i was so shocked to see how BEAUTIFUL the envelope was. she posted a little peek here. she hand drew our addresses and added a sweet little bird illo. so splendid. i couldn't wait to use my paper and this is what i ended up creating.
{old friends}
it's on 5" x 7" canvas. the floral wallpaper and ledger paper (that i used for flower) were in the vintage paper pack. the cutout, white, fluffy wallpaper is from my grandma's house. the birdy and that sweet image of the little girls is from hannah grey. and those beautiful black plastic buttons with rhinestones were given to me by my MIL from her parent's sewing kit. pretty fabulous, eh? i love artwork full of history. like an old friend.

7 Comments:

Blogger gkgirl said...

sweet...that background color is
so pretty against all the rest...
and to create something with a "history"

what an awesome idea!
:)

2:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, this is so precious! i love the colors, and that flower is so neat. do you have a special place for it yet?

6:17 AM  
Blogger Funky Finds said...

Beautiful! How did you make that paper flower? I'd love to make some.

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohhhh just what I need! Another beautiful web site to put on my bloglines! Her site is pretty AND I LOVE your collage

7:56 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Inspired!!! That is what you have done for me! I am so inspired to try something like this! I ordered the paper too. I want to try a collage on canvas! Your art is so beautiful!!! Love it!

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, lovely!

3:01 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

I'd love to know how you made the flower too! Your work is gorgeous. Can't wait to get my paper!!

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home