{love, joleen} the blog -->

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

introductions - part iii

may-16
dear friends,
don't worry! i'm okay. i just want you to know that i don't always dwell on the ick. in fact, i wasn't even planning to post about self image in the last entry but when i uploaded that photo from my camera i just had to tell someone. i guess the more i open up, the more you'll understand my funk. i'm not saying i shouldn't try to get out of it. i'm just saying it's not unmerited. but, you know, that's life. and life is wonderful like that. times you feel funky and mopey and times you're jump-for-joy happy.

we're still introducing ourselves over at self portrait challenge and you know, you can join in too! the more the merrier... well, some people say. ;) ha! if you missed the last couple of weeks you can find them here and here. you can also view more of my self portraits for the {month of moi} over here.

10 things i ♥ today:
butterfly kisses card set by mav of port2port
♥ handpainted + personalized bird chalk board by moki
the time traveler's wife by audrey niffenegger (reading + loving for the 2nd time)
amy's sweet shop - inspire co.
♥ totally smitten with the photography of jessica/insurgent muse
♥ the children's portrait photography of audrey woulard of chicago (found through moki)
♥ the blog of sabine brandt
♥ the quilts of gee bend at atlanta's high museum of art (fabulous! more soon)
♥ my flickr favorites (all 2867 photos + counting)
delila's whimsical faery wands

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jolee, we all have a crappy day sometimes. It is better to share than dwell in crappiness :)

Thank you, that you like my faery wands!

4:09 AM  
Blogger maria said...

i like the clothes you're wearing :-)

4:49 AM  
Blogger aunt kim said...

Love the pics Jo! I can't tell you how much we parallel one another with our thoughts sometimes. I have been in this 'funk' for some time now and am trying really hard to pull myself thru without bringing the rest of the family down with me. It's hard and I know that its up to me to change it but I am trying. I really do enjoy checking in with you on a daily basis and this self portrait challenge has been fun.

Best of luck to you with this internal endeavor. I am thinking of you :)

Lots of love :)

7:03 AM  
Blogger holly said...

i love your love list! i've also really enjoyed reading your blog the past couple of days ... and your family's blogs, too. while you're in your funk (which you're totally entitled to) know that from the outsider looking in you have a most fantastic life! if you ever head east to visit your grandmother, look me up! i live in buckhead, not far from her. take care! holly

7:17 AM  
Blogger trudesign said...

Such cute photos of you.

7:44 AM  
Blogger LeS said...

happy happy pictures.

sometimes just changing your mind about how you wanna feel is enough to let a little light in.

i should take my own advice today :)

9:02 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

i love a post-load-of-links!
yay...that makes me happy...

:)
and i am glad to hear that you
are feeling upper rather than lower
and as others have said
"we have all been there..."
and its good to share those feelings

:)
coming to your blog always makes
me feel happier.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Deb R said...

I heart those photos!

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great heart photo .... love you blog too ......... what about a kind of funky swap?

10:58 AM  
Blogger robin said...

hi there,
I always really love looking at your blog and you're pretty courageous to do the self portrait thing. ick, not me!

robin
http://www.robinart.com

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are both really sweet photos. I especially love the one on the left.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Kim Carney said...

We *heart* you too!

2:17 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

you are absolutely adorable.
your smile is contagious!

great energy. work it, gurl!

oh. and btw. i heart the time travelers wife, too. i was sad when i came to the last page...

2:52 PM  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

love this list of links and i have already had some fun exploring a few.
and i appreciate it when you share all of who you are...i love to see your smiling face but i appreciate the not-so-smiley days too...
(time traveler's wife...soooo good. love that book!)

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I covet your poka dot top and must ask where did you buy it?

3:02 PM  
Blogger stefani said...

Another great photo!

I have been debating on doing the self-portrait challenge but since I take self-portraits anyways I think I will go ahead and join up ~ that is if I can figure it all out.

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home