{love, joleen} the blog -->

Friday, April 07, 2006

Hello from Atlanta!

Well, actually, from Duluth, Georgia. We made it here this morning after having the worst flight in my experience. I think my stomach is just now settling down. hah! Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I made it here "safely". My grandparent's house mansion is beautiful! I thought I'd give ya a little peek.
grandma's house
I am seriously in love with the massive windows, the gynormous mirror over the fireplace in the formal living room, and (believe it or not) the wallpaper - it's textured and REALLY cool. My grandma is giving me some of it so I can't wait to use it in a collage and/or book! After seeing this post she presented me with this gift. LOL :) love it!
pick me a clover
We're not really making any plans for the trip. Aimee and I just wrapped up so many projects (school ones for her) and are totally beat. I'm hoping to veg and recoup. We have some fun things we'd like to do but with no schedule (yay!). Is there anyone from the area that can recommend something fun to see or do?

5 Comments:

Blogger purplecupcake said...

Now that is my dream house! It's sooooooo beautiful. You're one lucky gal to be there.
The wallpaper is really pretty. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

10:52 PM  
Blogger Boxwood Cottage said...

Wow and what a mansion that is!

I was in Atlanta to see a friend which lives in Lithonia in 1996 and I remember that I liked the Stone Mountain Village very much. There were a number of nice craft shops.

I found a link for you here:
http://www.stonemountainvillage.com/festival.htm

Than there was the Stone Mountain Parc too which my daughter liked (she was 8 years old at the time)

and somwhere in the area was a nice deer-park with wildlife animals like deers ans squirrels coming to get/eat feed from your hands which she can also still remember.

Oh and I went to see some of those old Confederate states houses like Tara in Gone with the wind, but I can't recall where exactly that was anymore.

Atlanta city itself well there was this Underground thing but I found this quite boring.

We also drove past Whitney Houstons mansion, oh the stalkers lol

Have a wonderful and relaxing time there Joleen!

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Stylin' grandparents!
Last time I was in Atlanta (like 13 years ago) it was during the "Grunge" era and there was a great down town area called Little Five Points...real artsy

Here's a map of the area

10:27 PM  
Blogger aunt kim said...

Wow, very nice. Too much house for me, too much to keep clean :) Hope you and Aimee are having a great time :) Love ya both!

6:59 AM  
Blogger stefani said...

That sure is one beautiful house. Great photos.

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home