{love, joleen} the blog -->

Sunday, May 21, 2006

{sigh}

may-21
It's kind of been a crazy day today. We hadn't gotten much sleep in the two previous and didn't make it to bed any earlier last night. Imagine our surprise when we woke up at 1 pm this afternoon! Oh my.. I hope we're able to get to bed at a decent hour tonight since we have work tomorrow. I was really trying to just have a good time + relax when we went to LA but I woke up today feeling extremely overwhelmed. I think I've been a bit unfair when I've said I'm stressed but not exactly why. You know I'm a busy woman and most of it I bring on myself, but there is one HUGE thing that's looming and has me quite upset. I'm moving. You may recall that we just relocated here mid-September to be close to our jobs. You could say moving again is my choice but it's not if I want to keep my job. It's put us in the most awful of situations since Alex and I are both employed by the same people. I probably shouldn't write about this but I am because I'm just too upset about the entire thing. We're moving to the Palm Springs area and I HATE the heat. The thought of moving to the desert makes me want to cry- has made me cry. We're moving June 15th and I've definitely been ignoring the looming date.. pretending that if I stay in denial maybe someone will come out and say, "Just kidding!"

I have posted two more FABULOUS {Paper Samplers} in the shop! You really must go check them out! I hope you had yourself a Beautiful Sunday!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jessica Moreau Berry said...

Oh!! too bad! I feel awful for you, but YOU would be the gal to make the best of it!! xoxo

2:46 AM  
Blogger aunt kim said...

It really sucks that you have to move (again). I mean afterall, you have spent most of your life packing and unpacking :(. But let's try to put a positive look on this. It can be a rewarding experience ($) and plus you are still close enough that family is not too far away.

You are fantastic at encouraging people to be optimistic in life. You have a phenomenol (sp?) support group (online and off). It can be okay if you let it. Who knows, maybe it will be fun!

6:46 AM  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

i am sorry that you have to move when you do not want to. that is just not fun at all. ugh. i hope that a little pearl of hope about this situation unveils itself soon. and this paper...simply gorgeous my dear.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

I'm sorry to hear about that, Joleen. But Palm Springs isn't *too* far from where you are now. But still. . .

. . . and you'll still have all of your blog buddies, no matter where you move!!!

11:46 AM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

Granted, I live and love Phoenix, but I have to say that the Palm Springs area is wonderful. Great shopping, lots of good outdoor stuff, good food, super nice people, Coachella!!, etc. Life is all about attitude. You can make this work! You are one of the most upbeat people I *know*.

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*ditto* on what kelli said! (and think about the wonderful outlets!!)

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and because i care and we don't know each other, i'm thinking of you TOO! hang in there, make the best of it and stay STRONG! hugs, rach

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home